close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Supernova mag tube extension

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by Shima, Mar 9, 2010.

1. Shima

Shima
    Expand Collapse

2. mixflip

mixflip
    Expand Collapse

Isnt it crazy how much a simple tube like a mag extension costs? $79 is alot of money for a part that mechanically is about as simple as it gets buy hey, it is very good quality.

I think the Nordic extension is amazing but in the grand scheme of things it isnt a "must have option". Kinda like the analogy of a hammer. A $10 dollar hammer will pound nails just as "effectively" as a $1000 hammer made out of a billet of titanium wit a carbon fiber handle. Are you really getting next generation performance out of an expensive part like a Nordic? It will impress folks though and that is important to some people.

Its a mag tube. They are cave man simple. I have had Choate and Tac-Star mag tubes in the past that did the job flawlessly and contrary to the hype, they never fell off or broke off.

#2 mixflip, Mar 9, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2010
  3. Glock2008

Glock2008
    Expand Collapse
    Gun User

I have a tac star on my benelli nova. Anyway you go there built solid as rock and will last a lifetime.

4. Shima

Shima
    Expand Collapse

Well, the way I see it is that by the design of the Benelli not being as conducive to a tac star side saddle for extra ammo as say a Mossy or an 870, I want to pack as much ammo as I can inside the Benelli. (within reason obviously) I'll probably get some sort of a butt stock ammo carrier as well. I REALLY hope if the day ever comes that I need to use the gun, I don't have to reload. I may want to carry different shells in the stock shell carrier than what's in the gun though.

5. CTfam

CTfam
    Expand Collapse
    DREAM BIG.

Why aren't the Benellis as conducive to a side saddle? :dunno:

I've seen some nice options out there.

http://www.mesatactical.com/index.php?id=56

6. Deployment Solu

Deployment Solu
    Expand Collapse
    Kydex Crafter

Choate makes a +2,3,4,&5 extensions for the Benelli.Nova. Price range from $48.00-$51.00

7. Shima

Shima
    Expand Collapse

Seems like the Mesa saddle strips out the little receiver holes in the top, so then where to carry the extra shells?

#7 Shima, Mar 9, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2010
  8. blaster_54738

blaster_54738
    Expand Collapse

9. JBJ16

JBJ16
    Expand Collapse

Because adding weight to the receiver will affect the reliability of an inertia recoil operation of a Benelli. Not so with the gas operated version.
    :upeyes:

10. mixflip

mixflip
    Expand Collapse

The SuperNova is a pump. But the real issue is the tiny receiver screws being the primary source of stability. They just arent as good as using the trigger housing cross pin design. I think because the SuperNova has a slightly round body/plastic overmold armor shell, a cross pin side saddle system hasnt been made yet. Curved cost more to make than flat parts I think?

As for the original question...I thought about testing out the TacStar +2 extension but I think the Nordic may actually be the best route as far as fit and finish to match the Benelli. When my fat tax return comes in I'll decide?

#10 mixflip, Mar 10, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2010
  11. Shima

Shima
    Expand Collapse

Keep me informed. I wish you had both of those and the Choate so you could do a Youtube review on them, so I could see a good comparison. I don't think I want to skimp on something that I may someday have to depend on in a life or death situation, so maybe $80 for the Nordic Components extension isn't so bad.

#11 Shima, Mar 10, 2010
  12. mixflip

mixflip
    Expand Collapse

I agree Shima, A sexy Benelli deserves the sexy Nordic. Mossberg? Probably not lol. I am splitting my tax return with the wife so I'll have a few grand to play with next week!

#12 mixflip, Mar 10, 2010
  13. Shima

Shima
    Expand Collapse

I know what you mean on splitting the tax return. I got a G26 and she got a DSLR camera. I also got a new set of Nitto tires for the truck, so I can't complain that she wont let me get the Nordic extension right now.

#13 Shima, Mar 10, 2010
  14. mixflip

mixflip
    Expand Collapse

I hear ya bro. I bought 4 Toyo open country M/T's for this...
    [​IMG]
    and it killed me!!! $200+ each!!!!!!!!!!

15. Block Slide

Block Slide
    Expand Collapse

I thought it was a bad design the second i saw it. Confirmed by user reports. So i got the Mesa carrier for the PG stock, don't know if you have the PG model or not.

16. Shima

Shima
    Expand Collapse

No pistol grip on mine. What kind of Mesa carrier is on your stock? Got pics?

17. blaster_54738

blaster_54738
    Expand Collapse

you have the model that replaces the sling plate in the back? that was my question for mesa to make sure it would work. can you comfrim please???? :supergrin:

18. Block Slide

Block Slide
    Expand Collapse

yeah it's held together by the big stock bolt. quite a bit tougher that those little tiny screws.:supergrin: It's heavy for only 4rds but it's at the back so if anything i think it makes it balance better.

#18 Block Slide, Mar 11, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
  19. Shima

Shima
    Expand Collapse

So this is for a tactical stock I guess?

#19 Shima, Mar 11, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
  20. Block Slide

Block Slide
    Expand Collapse

yes....