close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Sunny days and coming storms. The evolution of a Nation.

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Rabbi, Nov 7, 2012.

1. 427

Nov 23, 2009
    KUMSC
    So, for you, off the top of my head, Herman Cain, Susana Martinez, Allen West, Mia love, Clarence Thomas, Marco Rubio, Condoleeza Rice are all token minorities toeing the Republican line. A dog and pony show, is that what you are saying? Symbolism over substance?

Last edited: Nov 7, 2012
  2. Maybe we aren't giving those folks who are the new demographic enough credit. Sooner or later they will see through the smoke and mirrors of the Democrat party. I am sure most Republicans thought they would never get another President with an R next to his name after Hoover. Besides, if you flush the vaules voters, they have to made up for by some group. Who would that be? And would they come to the party in sufficient numbers to make up the difference? How would you convince them to sign up as Republicans? The values voters might well then become a third party. And even though they would not win elections, they could affect the outcomes of future elections.

3. inthefrey

inthefrey Moved on...

Jul 3, 2009
    Western Pennsylvania
  4. LASTRESORT20

LASTRESORT20 LongTerm-Guy

Aug 10, 2010
    NC
    PHP:

`Well done sir....Thank you for your Post.

5. Booker

Booker

May 10, 2006
    Prison
    Rabbi is well spoken, but wrong.

If I believe in nothing, then I'll believe anything. I would rather stand by principle and be in the minority than abandone them just to win an election.

This go along to get along view of yours is what allowed your people to be slaughtered by the Nazis. I will not get onto the train.

6. sombunya

sombunya I Like To Watch

Jun 25, 2009
    Californy
    This country is slowly changing.

150 Years ago if someone stole a man's horse he'd hang. Today one can shoot the president, claim to be in love with a movie star and a few short years later freedom may be in sight.

Quislings and Traitors used to be executed. Now they're put up comfortably. Welfare used to be a stigma. Now it's a magnet. Freakish weirdness is not just tolerated, it's celebrated.

The times are changing. We can fight it, but only for so long. I don't mean to sound like a fatalist, but in just the last 50 years, I personally have seen huge shifts in attitudes about so many things.

7. Rabbi

Rabbi The Bombdiggity Lifetime Member

Dec 18, 2004
    San AntonioTexas
    YES. (I hate saying that but, yes)

Most of the people you just mentioned are so accomplished, they are token to most everyone in the population. (and I have a man crush on Herman Cain)

Find me a few famous black gangster rappers.

Find me a Hispanic woman with 7 kids, has never had a job and has a husband in jail.

Find me an off the grid granola eating vegan hippy.

The sad thing is....the first two want what you want. To have much and live well. The third, well, lol, maybe not.

8. Rabbi

Dec 18, 2004
    San AntonioTexas

Really? you see nazis in this?

Again, I wil apply the "gotcha" of all of this to you. (and why, so many people vote left, even if they are, in a lot of ways, on the right)

So, your principles (the Right) is the party of "your personal choices are wrong" and we will use the law to keep those freedoms from you

The left is the party of inclusion.

And in your mind, me wanting (because I am on the Right)the right to include more people who may not be "like" us....and you NOT wanting that.....means MY THOUGHTS lead to the nazis?

Uh....No. You need to rethink things.

9. 427

Nov 23, 2009
    KUMSC
    I see. You're making the same argument of the left; Those people I listed aren't black enough, they aren't hispanic enough - they aren't down with the struggle.

Those people I listed are self-made. The people you listed, I don't know what to say about the people you listed.

As an atheist minority I have more in common with with the Republicans than I do with the people you listed.

The left is NOT the party of inclusion. The left is intollerant of ANY views that differ than thier own.

10. geofri

geofri Poikilotherm™ Lifetime Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Below sea level.
    That was an enjoyable read, Rabbi. Thanks.

11. G19Tony

G19Tony Sneet CLM

Mar 7, 2005
    Las Vegas, NV
    Good post Rabbi. The sun did indeed come up, and I got up and did my job like I do every day. My guy didn't win. That sucked, but I'm not going to give up on my country. It's worth the fight.

My hope, is that everybody can work together this time around to serve the people and leave the politics behind. I know that's naive, but, you never know.

12. In most cases, when people who lean right complain about values voters, they are referring to pro rights people. Oh sure, they include an anti gay element, but I submit that gay rights voters are not that large a delegation. Neither are the pot smokers. And of those that are, many would be democrats anyway, no matter what Republicans did to try and woo them.
    But W got elected twice against pro choice candidates, Al Gore and John Kerry.
    What the Republicans need and will get again is another Genie in a Bottle. Like Reagan. Someone who is so likeable, he transcends politics and issues.

Much as a disagree with him BHO is likeable. Thats what really got him elected twice. But by 2016, the democrats will be back to the likes of fat ankled Hillary, or some other person who does not have the charisma and charm it takes to spell bind voters into ignoring performance.

13. Rabbi

Dec 18, 2004
    San AntonioTexas
    How many black people can identify with Herman Cain? (or anyone for that matter) a Millionaire CEO and FED banker?

The left is the part of inclusion (in spite of the people they exclude)

This is not my opinion, this is the way a lot of people see it. Hell, it may not even be right and from my pov it sure isnt fair but it is reality.

You can fight first (and the results of that are failure most often) it or you can understand it and then plan and have a better plan.

14. Fox184

Fox184

Apr 8, 2010
    A lot more people can identify with Herman Cain than Obama, but they still vote for Obama.

15. 427

Nov 23, 2009
    KUMSC
    More and more people are illegerate and won't take the time or make the effort to study the candidates/issues.

I doubt the average black voter knows anything about Cain other than what the talking heads have told them.

Illegeracy is what keeps getting Dems elected, not thier "inclusiveness".

16. Rabbi

Dec 18, 2004
    San AntonioTexas
    You keep thinking that and see where it gets you.

17. 427

Nov 23, 2009
    KUMSC
    Cain will tell them to work what they want. Obama is the bearer of gifts courtesy of the tax payer and no strings. It's a no brainer.

18. Rabbi

Dec 18, 2004
    San AntonioTexas
    I dont think you know what identify means.

Obama was a fun kid, a cool teen and an interesting "fight the man" college kid who, in spite of being ivy league returned to the streets. (to do nothing but he was there)

And he is President because that story sells well.

Cain has a fair story....but he didnt return to the streets.

19. Rabbi

Dec 18, 2004
    San AntonioTexas
    This, I agree with.

20. 427

Nov 23, 2009
    KUMSC
    And you can keep thinking the left is all about inclusiveness.