close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Summer carry when exercising

Discussion in 'GATE Self-Defense Forum' started by CDR_Glock, Mar 31, 2012.

1. CDR_Glock

CDR_Glock

Apr 1, 2010
    Virginia
    Mas

Summer's approaching and people are working out, wearing shorts and a T-shirt, or biking shorts and shirt. With minimal clothing, concealment is not easy wearing microfiber or in some cases, present company NOT INCLUDED, spandex.

I have a P238, and I carry it as a backup to a primary gun. I don't have a reliable small 9mm for pocket carry since my Diamondback DB9 has been unreliable.

What do you recommend? A Belly Band? What type of gun? 38? 9 mm? Of the newest Smaller than Subcompact Pistols like the Nano, the P290, the Solo, the PF9, PM9 and others, what do you recommend for a concealed carry 9mm?

Rick

2. Mas Ayoob

Mas Ayoob KoolAidAntidote Moderator

Nov 6, 2005
    Belly band is great, but is gonna get soaked in sweat during a workout. Fanny pack would be better than nothing. (Of course, there's always the option of home gym with AK47 standing ready in the corner...:supergrin:)

In a very small 9mm, I personally like the Kahr for its accuracy and trigger pull characteristics, but it's obviously a subjective choice.

best,
    Mas

3. CDR_Glock

CDR_Glock

Apr 1, 2010
    Virginia
    Mas

Awesome idea for the home gym. I don't own an AK47, yet. I usually just wear a IWB with a pistol around the house. They need to make a concealed carry sling for the AK47.:rofl: