close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Summer carry issue

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by AZDeckert, May 24, 2011.

1. AZDeckert

AZDeckert

Jan 6, 2009
    Georgia
    I carry using a belly band and don't want to have the grip of my Glock against my bare skin so I always wear a t-shirt under whatever shirt I have on. I am running into issues during the long and hot Georgia summers where I just want to wear shorts and a t-shirt. I am wondering if there is something like a body band or "tube-top" kind of item I can wear under the belly band and have it come up far enough above my waist that the grip won't be on my skin. I know it would be a bit extra around the waist but at least it would not be all under the shirt like a t-shirt. Does this make sense?

2. toddmog

toddmog

May 28, 2007
    Kansas
    I'd say just get used to the grip on your skin. I wear shorts and a t-shirt all summer long in humid KS summers. The grip has never bothered me. You could always try a wife beater type tank top under the t-shirt.

3. alba666

alba666 WWJGD

Dec 19, 2009
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Pocket holster works for me in summer. People here think I'm nuts for carrying a Glock 23 in it, but I'm a big boy and I have the right cargo shorts to carry it off.

4. collim1

collim1 Shower Time!

Mar 14, 2005
    USA
    This or go to a pharmacy and ask for an elastic back/abdominal support. It velcros around your waist line to help support an injured back muscle or after a hernia surgery.

I wear one because it helps my back, and prevents my duty belt from digging into my hips.

They are cheap and thin. Off-duty I would just wear a T-shirt, I could not stand not having a undershirt on.

5. 3rdgen40

3rdgen40 .45 fanatic

May 3, 2008
    Arkansas
    Tube tops are for concealing boobs,not guns.

6. BailRecoveryAgent

BailRecoveryAgent Rude Member

Aug 2, 2010
    :rofl:If printing happens in a crowd, you won't hear many complaints!

Last edited: May 24, 2011
  7. RussP

RussP Moderator

Jan 23, 2003
    Central Virginia
    If you go with an elastic support, make sure it is breathable elastic.

I have crew neck Under Armor shirts. They don't work well in hot, humid weather. I'm getting some UA tank tops for this summer. Should be a whole lot cooler.

Last edited: May 26, 2011
  8. BailRecoveryAgent

BailRecoveryAgent Rude Member

Aug 2, 2010
    The UA tanks are the way to go as far as undershirts. No sleeves to bunch up and I hate that god awful crew neck/almost turtle neck nonsense they put on most of their other shirts.

9. Bill Lumberg

Bill Lumberg BTF Inventor

Jun 14, 2002
    Personally, I find it more comfortable and just as concealable to use a belt mounted holster. That said, underarmor heat-gear t-shirts rule.