close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Summary of 357 Sig reloading data for 124g. & 125g. bullets

Discussion in 'TOP GUNS *357 Sig* Club' started by jeffreybehr, Apr 28, 2010.

1. jeffreybehr

jeffreybehr Silver Member

Mar 14, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ USA
    In my compulsion as a gearhead hobbyist, former accountant, and retiree with WAY too much time on his hands, I've prepared an Excel spreadsheet of about all reloading data I can find on the captioned bullet weights. I've excluded several powders such as all the Vihtavouris and some others that aren't common. I used data published by Speer, Sierra, Lyman, Hodgdon, M.D. Smith, and RealGuns.com. While I have proofread it and it's as accurate as I can make it, the data is NOT mine. Of course, as careful reloadists, you'll verify the data to the original source before using it.

I included Universal powder because apparently it has no muzzle flash, and that appeals to some of us. I included averages of the velocities, and--surprise!!!--800-X won that contest, with AA#9 a close second.

E-mail me at jeffreybehr(at)cox(dot)net if you want a copy of the file. It prints nicely on 8-1/2-by-14" paper.
    -------------------------------
    Just added data for 147g. bullets from same sources plus Ramshot data for both weights. Now 2 14" pages.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2010
  2. mrwilson

mrwilson

Feb 7, 2006
    I would like a copy. Can you email to mrw*pobox.com

3. Hey Jeffrey,
    Thank You for the file. Lots of good data in one stop !

I didn't notice any references to . . .
    reloadersnest.com

nor

Handloads.com

Both are great sources for 'non-published' load data.

357SIG rocks,
    'da Kid

4. jeffreybehr

Mar 14, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ USA
    TYVM; didn't know about them. Added to the spreadsheet a few reliable-looking loads from those 2 sites.

5. threefeathers

threefeathers Scouts Out

Oct 23, 2008
    Southwest
    Please send to me deltad1@cox.net.
    I have a great working load with 800X but would like to see more.

6. jeffreybehr

Mar 14, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ USA
    Just sent.

800-X is an interesting powder for the 357. According to the data I found, it generates higher velocities and lower pressures (and with less powder) with both bullet weights, but Accurate9 and Accurate7 seem to get the vast majority of ink. WSF and Longshot, 2 powders I already use in .40S&W and .45GAP, also do well in velocity v. pressure, and I'll be using those, too, at least initially.

Have you used Berry's 125g. HP? I bought a small box of those, hoping they'll make spectacular waterjug killers. :wow:

My 357 is a carry gun so I'll be concentrating on 124/125g. bullets.