close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Suggestions for best low cost AR deal

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by G26man, Jan 9, 2011.

1. G26man

G26man
    Expand Collapse
    OBEY ME!

I'm looking for an AR in the $750 or less price range, and I'm a real "bang for buck" shopper. Unfortunately that gets me into trouble sometimes, like recently I've had a bad experience with an AR produced by a local machine shop but I am getting a full refund so no more local brands for me, I'm going to stick with name brands.

I'm looking for a 16". A3, carbine or mid length gas system. I prefer lightweight barrels and don't really care for the M4 profile but I understand that is 90% of what is out there unless I build my own, so that's probably what I'll wind up with. I'd really like a chrome or WASP bore and a gas block rail rather than front sight but none of these are deal breakers.

I just missed a CMMG bargain bin special where they were selling scratch/dent m4 or mid length W.A.S.P. barreled ARs for $599! CDNN also had some good deals in their current catalog but they are sold out.

Any other respectable bang-for-buck web deals out there? Should I just keep my eye out for the CMMG bargain bin again?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. moreammoplz

moreammoplz
    Expand Collapse

3. WhiskeyUnicorn

WhiskeyUnicorn
    Expand Collapse
    Paramagician

Look into DEL-TON's MOE series carbines. They're carbine length, but other than that they meet your requirements. We've sold tons! No complaints as of yet. They come equipped with a magpul moe grip, forend, and stock. Noice

4. Broncbuster

Broncbuster
    Expand Collapse
    Dying Breed

There is a company in Ga that does mail order to your ffl. I looked at some of their gun the other day. The have a Spikes lower with a Delton upper. http://peachstateguns.com/

5. boomhower

boomhower
    Expand Collapse

For new I would spend another $50 and get a Spikes and call it a day. Top quality with no compromises for a really good price. arfcom has a discount code for 5% off. JSE Surplus usually has some good lower end deal.

Just looked at JSE and they have a DPMS for $675. It's lightwieght carine gas system flattop. 5.56 chamber and chrome lined. Add a cheap rear site and you should be under your budget with shipping.

#5 boomhower, Jan 10, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2011
  6. Captains1911

Captains1911
    Expand Collapse

#6 Captains1911, Jan 10, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2011
  7. trlcavscout

trlcavscout
    Expand Collapse

Gunbroker.com had a lot in the range. They have new "ads" models wikth chrome chamber bore etc for 750. Del ton kits plus a lowere will get you in for around 650. Bcm can be had for around 800 depending on options you select.

8. Joshhtn

Joshhtn
    Expand Collapse
    The eBay Guy
    Silver Member

9. Quigley

Quigley
    Expand Collapse
    Elite Member

CMMG Bargain bin!

10. G26man

G26man
    Expand Collapse
    OBEY ME!

Hopefully they will restock it soon. As far as I can see there are no rifles in the bin.

11. G26man

G26man
    Expand Collapse
    OBEY ME!

I found a BCM mid length upper at a good price but there are no hand guards. How easy is it to install a rail or hand guards?

12. 1811guy

1811guy
    Expand Collapse
    Formerly1811guy2

Del-Ton kit. $500 for a complete M4 carbine.

13. Captains1911

Captains1911
    Expand Collapse

Completely depends on the handguards or rail. Standard plastic handguards are simple, you can put them on in about 10 secs. Some railed handguards drop-in easily with no gunsmithing required. Other railed handguards take quite a bit of know how and the proper tools to install.

14. Petrie

Petrie
    Expand Collapse

My DPMS has been great.

15. Captains1911

Captains1911
    Expand Collapse

That doesn't make it a good choice.

16. rascaldog

rascaldog
    Expand Collapse

I was up at Budsgunshop in Lexington Ky. the other day and they had new Doublestars for 659.00

17. MCKNBRD

MCKNBRD
    Expand Collapse

What a d!ckhead comment!

You're not going to get a super-high-speed-operator-chart-certified rifle at the price point he's looking at. I'd venture to guess that 90% of the DPMS rifles sold in the past 5 years are working fine for the buyer.

Guy asks for some recommendations, folks speak to their experiences.

Then you come in and make an offensive remark. Jeez. Some people's children.

18. Captains1911

Captains1911
    Expand Collapse

Hey *****hole, did you not see the recommendations I provided earlier in this thread? For the same price as a DPMS, there are much better options. Buying a DPMS would be foolish. Contrary to what you may think, you can get a high quality rifle in his price range, but guess what, it ain't DPMS. So my comment is completely valid. Now go pound sand.

ETA: And 9 out of 10 is a piss poor track record relative to other mfrs, not sure what your trying prove with that comment....

#18 Captains1911, Jan 11, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2011
  19. MCKNBRD

MCKNBRD
    Expand Collapse

You know what? You're right. It wasn't such a d!ckhead comment, telling the OP that the guy with the DPMS made a dumb choice.

I stand corrected, and bow before Captains1911's infinitely huge AR knowledge, prostrating myself and begging forgiveness for doubting his sheer genious in tactfully giving advice online.

20. KK40384

KK40384
    Expand Collapse

For the money he's looking to spend there are WAY better options than a DPMS. I'm not saying they're bad in any way, and yes they're fine for what most people are going to be using them for. But if you can have more rifle for the money then why not? No need to get your panties in a bunch cuz someone suggested something other than what you have. :whistling: