close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Suggest fiber optic sights for G19

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by SgtRambo, Mar 16, 2011.

1. SgtRambo

SgtRambo

Oct 7, 2008
    Southern AZ
    Im looking to set up my gen 3 with a fiber optic front and all black rear. Does anyone have suggestions i.e. Brand, heights, width? I see Ameriglo offers individual pieces that I can combine, but I am unsure which heights and widths work well together. Thanks for the help!

2. RayB

RayB Retired Member

Dec 2, 2005
    I've got that set up on my 3rd Gen G17 with a Dawson Precision fully adjustable, matte-black serrated rear sight, and a Dawson Precision fiber optic, serrated front sight.

My G17's primarily a target pistol, so I wasn't overly picky about sight profiles...

Why not peruse their website?

http://www.dawsonprecision.com/Home.jsp?refresh=true

--Ray

P.S. Quality and customer service are first-rate! :thumbsup:

Last edited: Mar 17, 2011

3. sciolist

sciolist

Nov 11, 2009
    PNW
    Sevigny competition rear, paired with either .245, .215 or .205 front. The Warren fronts are .115 wide. The .205 Dawson is .105 wide. As stated, check Dawson's site.

4. W4CNG

W4CNG

Sep 19, 2002
    In the Gun Room
    I have Dawson and Ameriglo on two Glocks. Both have Glock adjustable sights on the rear. They both work well and I recommend both. The Ameriglo pipe is a little larger than the Dawson.

5. RayB

RayB Retired Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Consider the "bulbed" fiber optic replacement rods (see DP website)... Long before these were available, I found that with the careful application of heat, I could "spin" a Big Dot (see attached) for my front fiber optic sight. :thumbsup:

Here's (see attached) my trusty G17 with the previously described Dawson Precision sight set-up... This gun has some 14,000 rounds on it, and hasn't hiccupped once! Everything in life should work so well! :hearts:

--Ray

6. denn1911

denn1911

Oct 14, 2010
    New England
    I have black Warren's in the rear with Dawson's red fiber optic front on a few of mine. It's a nice set up.

7. philb81b

philb81b

Mar 8, 2011
    Gastonia, NC
    Hi i just got my Gen4 G22 and the first thing i did was to change out the front site to the Hiviz sites. You can order the kit which comes with 2 of every color, actully you get 3 red tubes, 2 green tubes, 1 white tube, plus the tool to change them and a handy carring case for your key chain for the extras. I did not change the rear, and i must say, that with the red site i have no problem getting sited in a hurry. The whole kit cost me around $35.00 and i changed the front myself.

8. nfrangip

nfrangip

Sep 10, 2009
    NC
  9. ChrisJn

ChrisJn "Old Bill"

Dec 30, 2008
    Baldwin Co, Alabama
    +1 on Hi-Viz. I have them front and rear on my G35.