close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

submitted my OTS packet today

Discussion in 'The US Air Force Forum' started by pilot996, Dec 19, 2006.

1. pilot996

pilot996

Dec 10, 2006
    this was damn near a year in the making. the only send packets to the board a few times a year as im sure you know, and then clerical errors and a change of recruiters made me miss 2 consecutive boards, but im ready for the december board. just signed the paper work and it is to be shipped out this evening. i should find out in febuary.

one of the other applicants from this region actually lives near me and graduated from my school the same time i did. i didnt recognize or remember him, but that was still neat i guess.

anywho, just thought id share.

2. Sam White

Sam White I miss you bud Silver Member

Nov 17, 2001
    South Dakota
    Congratulations and good luck to you!

When I came over the Air Force I thought I'd already decided to stay enlisted. Now that I'm here, I think I might put in my packet, too. I've only got about 2 years left; I better hurry, lol.

Let us know what happens.:)

3. Kalmah

Kalmah Supreme Member

Feb 22, 2006
    Colorado
    My recruiter was terrible and I too had a lot of admin problems with my package. It was a real PITA, but it was worth it.

Best of luck to you.

4. PeterJasonMN

PeterJasonMN ****

Sep 3, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Let us know how that goes. I'm closing in on my 4 year and I'm considering USAF or USN time once I'm done.

5. Sam White

Sam White I miss you bud Silver Member

Nov 17, 2001
    South Dakota
  6. PeterJasonMN

PeterJasonMN ****

Sep 3, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Well the Navy's in it because it's a [ Hank Jr ] Fami-lyyyyyy tradition![ /hank]

USAF though offers the officer positions in Security Forces. When you go the Navy's site, law enforcement is listed as an enlisted job but not an officer job.

Though w/my future accounting degree I'm pretty sure I know where I'd end up regardless.

7. DMF

DMF P33

Jan 19, 2003
    Nomad
    You should know that officers in Security Forces do very little law enforcement, and are first and foremost managers. Not saying it's not a good job, but you won't be out there writing tickets and breaking up fights at the E-club.

8. PeterJasonMN

PeterJasonMN ****

Sep 3, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Yeah I know. But it's something.

The only reason I'm looking at the USN is they have it where it's not an ROTC program, but they still get you on scholarship for school. I didn't see anything like that on the USAF website.

9. pilot996

pilot996

Dec 10, 2006
    yeah, the AF doesnt offer anything unless its through rotc or commitment. the navy though was giving away pilot slots and scholorships to people at my school. i probably should have jumped on that, but what can ya do. the navy was implementing a rotc program at my school my last year there, i dont know if it ever took off though.

10. Glock13

Glock13

Jul 9, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I just graduated from OTS last May. Let me know if you have any questions.