close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Subcompact sights on a compact

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by G23shooter, Jun 9, 2010.

1. G23shooter

G23shooter
    Expand Collapse

I am looking to put some new sights on my 23. I was looking at Meprolights, more specificly the ones made for the subcompacts where the rear sits a bit further back to give you a slightly longer sight radious. I was wondering if it would give you a longer sight radious on the subcom then it would do the same on the compact. Has anyone tried these sights on a 19, 23, 33, ect?? Or does anyone have any input as to why they would / wouldn't work?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. AZBru88

AZBru88
    Expand Collapse

I just put a set of these Tru Glo's on my G26 yesterday. Super bright in daylight, not good at night or low light (I have Crimson Trace on my G26 so don't care). These are a longer rear sight. Only increased sight radius by maybe 1/3" Not big enough to worry about. I have seen sights that hang over the back of the slide (easily broken off or to catch on something), wouldn't recommend those. I really don't think the 1/3" or 1/2" you might gain will make a big differance.
    PS probabaly lost 3/4" radius off the front sight! These are shorter then factory sights.

3. samuse

samuse
    Expand Collapse

I actually put a set of the exact sights your referring to on my brothers G-23. Shoots fine. No worries.

4. scprotector1

scprotector1
    Expand Collapse
    LoneStarGlocker

I have some from ameriglo that have a rear sight radius like that. They are Ameriglo Pro Operators

5. dcsamps

dcsamps
    Expand Collapse

+1 for the Ameriglo Pro Operators, I have them on a couple of my Glocks. Visit their website and check them out. I believe if you use the word "grady" in the promotional code area you can get a discount of something like 17%. It worked for me the last two times I ordered from them. It seems to me prices for night sights have increased over the last 6 months.

6. G23shooter

G23shooter
    Expand Collapse

Any chance you have or can get a picture, just curious to see what it looks like.

7. samuse

samuse
    Expand Collapse

No pics, he's about 5 hours from me. The sights look right at home, the back half of the Glock slides are the same for all of the Glocks in 9mm, 40S&W and .357sig, so the sights fit perfectly.