close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

"Stupid" Survivors versus "Smart" survivors.....

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by DScottHewitt, Apr 19, 2012.

1. DScottHewitt

DScottHewitt EMT-B

So, I watched "Alien Versus Predator Requiem" yesterday. Got me thinking.....

Most every movie or TV show dealing with a major Apocalypse has what I call "Stupid" Survivors. Let's take The Walking Dead, for example.....

They end up at the CDC for the last part of Season One. M-4s and M-4/M-203s are lying around everywhere, inside and out. When they get back on the road, what do they do?!?!? They throw their bag of garden variety gunstore guns and ammo in one of the vehicles, and hit the road. Note that there are loads of M-4s and M-203 combos lying around OUTSIDE. A sin not vaporized in the CDC vaporization.

Now, look at "AVPR":

The people realize they need weapons. They go to a gunstore and arm up. What happens when they get to the Stryker? They upgrade their weapons to M-4s and M-203s.....

What happens when the kid finds the Predator pistol?!?!? He upgrades his armament.

I think "AVPR" was written by at least one gamer.....

ALWAYS pick up a better weapon when you can.....

Scott

2. All Pro Sports Hero

All Pro Sports Hero

Stupid survivors:

In just about every slasher movie, at some point, the "survivor" somehow manages to knock out the killer. Then walks away, back to the downed bad guy, without taking the killer's weapon.