Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

Stupid question, 10mm to .45 conversion

Discussion in 'The 10 Ring' started by orangeride, Dec 28, 2011.

1. orangeride

Oct 19, 2011
    Ok, I know that sounds totally lame. I've seen lots of guys swaping barrels to make a 10mm out of a .45, is there anyone doing swaps the other way. I only ask cause my family's got a crap load of .45's, and if things got real bad it might be nice to swap over if I couldn't find ammo. I'm into versatility. I've got a .40sw barrel on order from LW for two months now.
  2. TRaGiK

Mar 17, 2003
    You'd have to buy a whole new slide and barrel to shoot .45.

3. rcd567

Feb 5, 2011
    Near Glenwood, Iowa
    Magazines too I believe.
  4. arushus

arushus Biggest Member

Jul 22, 2011
    NE Oklahoma
    There is a way to do it with the 20's slide, but it requires machining equipment and isnt worthwhile. You just have to buy a whole new slide.
  5. bustedknee

bustedknee Curmudgeon

Aug 1, 2001
    Wythe County, VA
    There is an old proverb "you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear", which dates from the 16th century.

Now, you want to make a sow's ear from a silk purse?

The body of an old wise man is spinning in his grave.
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2011
  6. 21Carrier

21Carrier Until I Gota 29

Feb 4, 2011
    Hoover, AL
    Just find you a G21 upper assembly and magazines. I converted my G21SF to a G20LS, but feel like it's the other way around. I never shoot the G21 slide anymore, so I feel as if I have a G20SF, then a G21 slide. Or, you could go whole hog and buy a G21 long slide from LWD. For fun, you could set it up for .45 Super. Then, if you ever needed to shoot .45ACP, it would shoot that too. I'm thinking of ordering another LWD long slide in the future (in G21 form) for such a build. I might decide to go for .460 Rowland, though. That would be one hell of a gun. One frame could support .45ACP or .45 Super in regular or long slide, .460 Rowland in long slide, 10mm in long slide, and with more barrels, .40S&W, .357SIG, and 9x25 Dillon. But when you have 10mm and 9x25 Dillon, why bother with .40S&W or .357SIG? This might have to happen.