close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

stupid 9 round g30 mag. customer service experience?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by powder86, Feb 8, 2012.

1. powder86

powder86 SHOOT SAFE!

well i could only get 8 rounds in for the first few days. finally today i got the 9th round in. tried working the slide though. it's very labored to get the first couple to cycle. but it only got worse after a handful of attempts to cycle through the entire mag. it got to the point where the bullets aren't cycling at all and i have to remove the mag and rack the slide. i think the lips at the top of the mag might be bent.
    i've never had such a poor performance from a glock product. as such, i've never had any reason to contact them. i just finished sending them an email explaining the issue, and that i hope that at least a replacement mag would be sent. what experiences have y'all had with glock customer service? is it likely that i'll get a replacement without too much fuss? or am i just out 23 bucks?

2. JimBianchi

JimBianchi Da Da CLM

The G30 mags are notoriously stiff at first.

Load them up with 8 and wait a week, load up the 9th, wait a week and it will be fine.

Keep them loaded and use as much as you like.

(I have 12 G30 mags, all of them did this. My dozen G21 mags did not. Go figure?)

3. cripes7

cripes7

You should have the slide to the rear when you insert the mag. The recoil spring will do the rest. The Glock .45's are all hard to cycle by hand. The 9 round G30 magazine is no longer made.

4. Pierre!

Pierre! NRA Life Member

The secret is....

Go Shoot it!

Load em to 8 if you can, 9 when you can... as you load n unload the mags the springs will start to ease up.

And - it's nicer to shoot at the range than sit at home loading and unloading your mags.

The mag springs that get changed the most? In my competition pistols... they get more *use* than any others.

That's The Secret!

Patrick

5. M&P15T

M&P15T Beard One

Stop trying to repeatedly cycle rounds by hand through your pistol. Every time you cycle a round, you're pushing the bullet deeper into the case, which could cause massive over-pressure and a K.B. You need to inspect every cartridge you've been doing this with, and compare the OAL to a factory fresh example of the same exact round. If you can see that the bullets are impacted deeper into the cartridge case, dispose of them.

Stop screwing around with your pistol. Load it and leave it until you're shooting at the range.

6. F106 Fan

F106 Fan

You might consider an UpLula loading device:
    [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Butler-Creek-Universal-Pistol-Loader/dp/B001HBHNHE"]Amazon.com: Butler Creek Lula Universal Pistol Loader: Sports & Outdoors@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41YDMGofLlL.@@AMEPARAM@@41YDMGofLlL[/ame]

We have 4 of them for reloading the G21SF and other magazines. They make getting that last bullet into the mag a lot less painful.

Richard

7. whitebread

whitebread ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I have had occasional failures to eject when running them 9+1. It only happens on that first shot, and yes, the magazines are well broken in. I feel better running the 9 round mags as 8+1 knowing it is 100% reliable (in my experience).

8. Bruce M

Bruce M

For a year now I have been patiently waiting to get the ninth round into my magazine. It has not happened yet. I would be reluctant to send it off to Glock only because my guess is is that it might eb replaced by a ten round G30 magazine. Further, if I were to guess I would guess that this might be why there is a rumor that the nine round magazines are discontinued.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2012
  9. IGotIt

IGotIt No Demlibtards

10. KarlThomas

KarlThomas

Glock 30 mags are the worst. Like others have mentioned, store them loaded with as many rounds as you can squeeze in there. After a couple of weeks, my mags got a little better... they still kind of sucked though.