close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Study: Unvaccinated kids are healthier than vaccinate kids

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Glocksanity, Oct 8, 2012.

1. Geko45

Geko45 Smartass Pilot CLM

I believe they call it arse-pergers...

:tongueout:

Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
  2. vrex

vrex

That is the simple logic no one seems to get, why would vaccinated people/parents have any concern being around unvaccinated kids?

yet they passionately and with rage want YOU to stand in line with them.

mass populas mentality- while we all are consumed by "zombie apocalypse" scenarios....go figure

3. fwm

fwm

Chickenpox is NOT a minor disease. Chickenpox in childhood causes the virus to live in your body forever, causing shingles later in life. As many of my contemporary relatives can attest to, shingles at 60 is very debilitating, and can lead to permanent nerve problems.

A simple vaccination at an early age can stop MUCH suffering later.

4. fwm

fwm

Because, as we speak, their is a resurgence of many of these diseases among the many unvaccinated, leading to higher insurance premiums for all of us. (There are even new cases of polio)

As much as you don't want your child vaccinated, you really don't want them to have polio or any of those other diseases, and the possibility increases with every unvaccinated person.

5. NOLA_glock

NOLA_glock Shrug Life

In a psychobiology class, I was told that the DSM-IV significantly broadened the defining criteria for what constitutes autism over what was in the DSM-III. I've found the relevant text, but it's not really something I know how to interpret.

DSM-III:
    DSM-IV:
    DSM-I and DSM-II hardly mentioned autism at all.

6. TactiCool

TactiCool

As you said, there certainly will be some measurable error, but I think the answers to these questions regarding the past and current DSM's will be when the new DSMV is released in the middle of next year. This new publication will have a much stricter criteria for the diagnosis, even to the point that it is criticized by some for being so restrictive.

So, it should be interesting in the coming years to see how this will affect the levels of diagnosis.

http://www.springerlink.com/content/03428175u72v1135/fulltext.html

7. Ragnar

Ragnar

Yeah, an article from a web site with an agenda. :upeyes:

They push thimerosal as the cause, but there are two problems;

1) It hasn't been in most vaccines for over 10 years, yet autism is up.

2) Thimerosal doesn't contain the "bad" mercury compound. There is a vast difference between ethyl and methyl mercury when it comes to toxicity and bio effects.

8. SRS

SRS

There are some good reasons:

1. Vaccines are not 100% effective, and with each unvaccinated person, the risk of transmission increases. In other words, the fact that people choose not to get vaccinated increases the risk of disease for both the unvaccinated and those for which the vaccine was ineffective.

2. People who choose not to get common vaccines are essentially freeloaders. Vaccines have a risk and benefit. People that get vaccines choose to accept the risk in return for the benefit. People who choose not to accept the risk still largely receive the benefit based on the risk accepted by the vaccinated via herd immunity. Add to that the fact that the unvaccinated increase the risk of disease. See 1.

I'm not saying it's right, but there are perfectly rational reasons for people to insist on mandatory vaccinations.

9. vrex

vrex

Achieving great strength always comes at a risk...I doubt those stats are from places where households proper nutrition and a healthy lifestyle are practiced.

None of what you are saying even compares to illnesses that there IS no real vaccination for sir.

10. vrex

vrex

my answers to your points:

1. Exactly, then DON'T do it or modify the schedule to allow the body to recover between shots.

2. People getting the vaccines accept nothing. They are sheep being led to the abbatoir, listening to some stupid half retarded "doctor" who makes money every time he sticks a needle into your healthy kid.

Vaccines were and are an idea with its heart in the right place, but like everything we have perverted it and now it is totally out of control.

11. glockdoc21

glockdoc21

I'm a doctor...and my kids all got their flu shots this morning. When you've seen people die from preventable things like the flu, you make sure to get vaccinated. I realize that they're not a panacea, but I've NEVER seen a case of measles, mumps, rubella, polio or smallpox. So that should say somethings. We are seeing some of these diseases resurface because of the large numbers of unvaccinated illegal immigrants here, and I guarantee you that it makes me nervous to see these diseases again (I've havent seen them yet, but I've gotten some emails from colleagues that are seeing them in the southeast). Vaccinate your kids..

PS- autism is largely (not solely) kids that just need their butts kicked...there I said it.

12. SRS

SRS

1. I'm not sure how not vaccinating anyone, i.e., "DON'T do it," is a rational response unless you simply don't believe in the efficacy of vaccinations for whatever reason.

2. There are, of course, many people that get vaccinations because that's what's recommended with nary a thought to risk. But everyone who gets vaccinated assumes a risk, and people that don't get vaccinated benefit from that whether they want to or not. And I'm sorry, but putting doctor in scare quotes and suggesting that people getting vaccinated are being led to the slaughter is ridiculous.

I think we can at least agree that we'd all be better off if people took a vested interest in their health and researched treatments recommended (or not) by caregivers.

13. sputnik767

sputnik767

Haha, naturalnews.com. Your credibility goes down the drain when you try to pass off these sorts of websites as your research. Worse, you actually form an opinion based on these sorts of websites. Point is, I have never seen a peer reviewed study in a scientific journal that showed a link (that wasn't retracted). You post is full of irrational paranoia, as evidence by your last paragraph. Its always easier to believe in a conspiracy theory than to do actual research.

Edit: I also did not see any sources sited in your link. Just because some jackwagon writes something on the internet, does not mean that you should blindly accept it. Some measure of common sense is always required.

14. Hrsuhd

Hrsuhd

Im not saying all of them are bad but the last time I took one of my kids in for a shot the nurse gave me a flyer to read about the vaccine no I dont remember which one it was but there was enough of a problem that there was already hotline and lawyers set up to deal with problems with adverse reactions including death. The nurse didnt let me read all of it before she gave the shot and it among other things made me very leary of medical "professionals"

We vacinate our kids but not on thier schedual putting that many toxins I thier little bodies all at one time and hoping they dont have a reaction and hoping the medical community can figure out which suspension or vaccine a kid is having a reaction to is assinine
    Our job as parents is to protect our kids so if I piss off the holy m.d. or a nurse by making them try to find a one vaccine shot or not letting them pump ten different toxins in my kids at one time oh well.

15. muscogee

muscogee

Drug-resistant tuberculosis increasing among U.S. immigrant populations.

Should we require people to get vaccinated against tuberculosis?

16. Bow Commander

Bow Commander

Quoted as to not get missed.

17. sputnik767

sputnik767

There isn't a truly effective vaccine against TB. BCG is not very effective, and most if not all immigrants from 3rd world countries already have the vaccine. I was vaccinated when I was very young in Ukraine. There is no use of BCG in the US as far as I know, and I believe it's due to it's lack of efficacy.

18. sputnik767

sputnik767

The problem is that there is no "one vaccine shot" that covers everything. Many vaccines are a combination, such as MMR, and many are single vaccines. Or did you perhaps think that vaccines are cooked up in the doctor's office? The schedule is designed in such a way to ensure a proper immune response, and has been ascertained from probably decades of research. And it also clearly works, with an extremely low risk. It's cute that you think that you know better than the medical community, but by trying to flex your "knowledge" in front of your doc or nurse, all you are doing is making yourself look dumb. It's obviously appropriate for you to do what's best for your kids, but the problem lies in the fact that you are not doing what's best for your kids, rather you are doing what you think is best. That's a huge distinction, especially when you happen to be wrong. There is nothing wrong with following the advice of someone who actually knows something better than you do, and actually has a stake in your kids' well-being. It's interesting how people will come to this forum to ask advice on irrelevant things such as when to change the oil in your car, but at the same time will eschew the advice of a physician regarding the health of their loved ones, who spent the better part of a decade in medical school/residency, and is backed up by decades of peer-reviewed research. And they do it based on a 5 min google search article, written by some jackwagon without a medical or research degree, and backed up by no peer-reviewed sources. I read the natural news article someone linked to previously. It listed no sources, but would say "a study found this," "some scientists found this," or "a doctor said that." Clearly credible :upeyes: . This kind of stupidity is mind-boggling to say the least.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
  19. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Please elaborate on #1. Exactly what recovery are you speaking about that is needed "between shots"? How long is this recovery and what biochemical processes need to occur? Which vx require how much "recovery"?

20. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

You really haven't got the slightest flipping idea what you are talking about. You have formulated your own opinions based on nothing.