close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Strobing Laser instead of Light

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by Boney, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Boney

Boney
    Expand Collapse

Well I should have known better than to order a cheap chinese light but I wanted a green laser/light for my G23 that doesn't cost $300-$400. I found one on Ebay for under $80 and after waiting forever to receive it I find that the laser only strobes and the light does not strobe at all.

I can send it back for replacement but in an effort to avoid waiting 2 months for a replacement I would like to fix it if at all possible. Is this something that would be able to be fixed relatively easily? I really have no idea. The seller offered to pay to have it fixed. Has anyone had this happen?

Thanks

2. Boney

Boney
    Expand Collapse

3. SouthpawG26

SouthpawG26
    Expand Collapse

The discription indeed states that the laser is strobe only, so there's nothing for the seller to actually fix...

Secondly, I suspect that this is an airsoft item as its a friction clamp fitting, without the normal crossbar for the picatinny/universal grooves to hold position and zero...this thing will not be recoil proof I'm afraid...

And if the rail mount system isn't recoil proof than I wouldn't get my hopes up about the longevity of the electronics either...

PS: the cheapest "real thing" green laser plus light on EBay is now $264 (Viridian C5l) to your door (Ecop).

#3 SouthpawG26, Jan 1, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2013
  4. ArmoryDoc

ArmoryDoc
    Expand Collapse

Who knows about the ease of repair. I will however tell you this. Don't buy junk. It's always better to save and get quality. ALWAYS.

5. Boney

Boney
    Expand Collapse

Wow I can't believe I missed that in the description. Thanks for your help. I'll the a look at the viridian.