Striker spring replacement in G29

Discussion in 'The 10 Ring' started by BCG71, Feb 2, 2013.

1. BCG71

I just got my recoil calibration pack for my 1 month old G29SF from Wolff today. Along with the three different weighted recoil spring sets and a new steel guide rod set, there was a factory weight striker spring packaged with each set of springs.

Are there any advantages/disadvantages to swapping out the factory striker spring with the Wolff? Will it alter the feel of the trigger even though it is a "factory weight" replacement? I have heard that changing the striker spring can change the weight and feel of the trigger pull, even when the aftermarket part is "factory" weight.

I only ask this because this gun has only 600 rounds run through it and I am very comfortable with how this gun's trigger feels. Plus, I don't like changing internal springs unless there is an actual problem. My stock Gen2 G19 with all original parts is still working just fine for 20 years now.

I will also add that I am only increasing the weight in the recoil assembly to help prolong the life of the frame since my intention is to only fire full power ammo through it. Recoil is not an issue as far as controlability goes. The slide is slamming back a little too hard for my liking with the hot stuff I am getting from Underwood. I know it is more expensive to do so, but I always practice with what I carry...always have, always will.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Loading...