close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Striker spring positioning

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by cheapshot, Dec 14, 2011.

1. cheapshot

cheapshot

Oct 27, 2011
    I've been trying to get this question on the GATE, but it doesn't seem to be operational. My questio is which way does the striker spring go on the striker? It has one end that has sort of a double or triple coil. Does this end go forward for the cups to fit in or the other way towards the back? I've looked at several pictures of the assembly, and some are one way, and some the other. Anyone know the proper direction? Thanks in advance for any help!!

2. Taildraggerdave

Taildraggerdave

Nov 29, 2011
    So Cal
    I just looked in the '09 Armorer's Manual and it doesn't say which way but the photo shows the end with the triple coil at the spring cups.

Take care,
    Dave

3. Mudshark100

Mudshark100

Jan 31, 2011
    Greenville, SC
    This is correct. Spring cups go at double coil end of spring. Also, make sure the seam between the cups is offset from the edge of the spring.

4. cheapshot

cheapshot

Oct 27, 2011
    Thanks for the replies! I thought that was probably the way they went, but wasn't sure. Appreciate the help!

5. cciman

cciman

Jan 19, 2009
    SW Ohio
    Does not matter. You just do not want the loose end on the cup seam.