close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Streamlight TLR-1s Mount for Remingtom 870

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by Captains1911, Mar 6, 2011.

1. Last edited: Mar 6, 2011
  2. BailRecoveryAgent

BailRecoveryAgent Rude Member

Aug 2, 2010
    I just got the same shotgun yesterday, and was about to start a thread looking for light mounting options.

Looking for light mounting options as well.:popcorn:

3. If you don't already have a light, I would go with this, an Elzetta light with Malkoff M60 and 20-degree flood lens, and mount:
    http://www.elzetta.com/zsmFAQ.htm

4. If I was going to mount a TLR1 I would either go with the GG&G forearm, ERGO railed forearms, or one of those CDM mounts.

5. dukeguy

dukeguy

Jul 15, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2011
  6. blaster_54738

blaster_54738

Jul 24, 2007
    WI
    tagged because i need to put something on my snt

7. I was looking for something to mount a TLR-2's (same with the addition of the laser) on a Mossberg 500 and Remington 870 so I ordered one of each earlier today. The 69901 for the Mossberg and the 69906 for the Remington.

Will try and let you know how they do when they get here and I try them.

8. glockdoc21

glockdoc21

May 19, 2007
    another vote for CDM gear. I have an MT clamp on my mossberg. It's rock solid and the fit and finish is great.

9. Just received and mounted the Streamlight 69906 rail with the TLR-2 on my Remington 870. Super easy, just place under the magazine cap. Sturdy and very well designed for the 870. Would recommend it!

I put the 69901 on the magazine tube of my Mossberg 500 which is smaller diameter than the 870 tube. Used the shorter machine screws provided and is snug without the screws and fits perfectly. You would have to expand it out to fit the larger 870 magazine tube. Note that the photo in the Midway product page shows a lip on the rail and two screws. That same product number that I received had no lip (not needed with the TLR-2) and three screws. Works perfectly on the Mossberg.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2011
  10. Bill G

Bill G

Feb 10, 2008
    I second the TRL 1 weapons light with the GG&G forend on the Rem 870 it's a great way to go.:cool: It's a quality and solid set up. Also the light moves with the forend, this is a plus in my opinion:supergrin: and the TRL 1 light can be removed when not needed with no real extra bulk to the shotgun. The CDM clamps are pretty nice got one on the wifes 18" 20g Mossberg 500

Take Care All,
    Bill G

Last edited: Mar 10, 2011
  11. Boxerglocker

Boxerglocker Jacks #1 Fan

Mar 6, 2003
    Lynnwood, WA
    I got one of those Streamlight Tactical Mount Remington 870 sitting somewhere in my parts bin like new. I tried it out and worked fine for HD, but since then have gone to a Surefire forend.

[​IMG]

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct...tNumber=754094

If your interested and want to try it cheap PM me and I'll dig it out.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2011