close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Streamlight Polytac Review

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by plouffedaddy, Dec 10, 2012.

1. plouffedaddy

plouffedaddy

Apr 1, 2011
    Carolina
    [​IMG]

I bought my Polytac primarily because it was cheap a while back and I've been using if for a couple years now; here's a quick summary of my findings thus far.

Pros:
    -Cost. The light can be had for under $35 shipped.
    -Uses relatively common CR123 batteries.
    -Fits in common 1'' mounts.
    -It works. So far I all the Polytacs I own have kept on ticking even with use on rifles and shotguns.
    -130 C4 LED output. It's a nice white light with a good peripheral cone.
    -Has o rings to seal out water on both the tail cap and lens cap.
    -Lightweight. Weighs 4.1oz with batteries.
    -Comes in black, coyote, and bright yellow.

Cons:
    -1 of the 3 I lights I have flickers slightly under recoil (can be seen at the beginning of the video below). Is it a huge issue for SD/HD? Maybe. I really doubt I'd ever shoot in the dark with the light off in a HD/SD situation but for use with night vision devices it's a different story.
    -It's not as bright as some lights on the market.
    Here's a video with some shooting/testing, a night time comparison between a 104 lumen Maglite and a Surefire 6PX Tactical, followed by a discussion of the light:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DABfAsNUVKM"]Streamlight Polytac Light Review (HD) - YouTube[/ame]

2. bmoore

bmoore

Jan 15, 2006
    Under a regime.
    I and many friends have used them on the fire engine and medic units for quite a while. They are good to go for sure.