close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Strange problem with HK45.

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by Dogbite, May 31, 2011.

1. Dogbite

Dogbite
    Expand Collapse
    DNT TREAD ON ME

Ok, so I have an HK45 that I have shot probably 150 rounds through only(fmj). I purchased some Hornaday 230 grain FTX hp ammo. Loaded the gun up with it and cocked it, putting one in the chamber. Later, I pulled the slide back,(as I do all the time to check if one is in the chamber) and it was extremely hard to move the slide back to check the chamber. I also noticed, once I checked the chamber, and the round is in, that the slide sticks and does not move forward---I had to push it forward into battery. I tried different rounds out of the box, and tried with 2 rounds in the mag, and full, etc. The gun always does this (very tight and have a hard time checking the chamber). I pulled very hard(with the round in the chamber) and it will cycle all the rounds in the magazine, but it seems very very tight--once the round is chambered. I have not shot the ammo yet--not sure if it will have problems or not, but like i said i can--with great effort, cycle through a mag by hand.

What do you think is happening?? Is the gun just tight because it hasnt had any hp or much of anything run through it???

2. Dogbite

Dogbite
    Expand Collapse
    DNT TREAD ON ME

No ideas at all?