close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Strange... Posted for the benefit of IPDBrad

Discussion in 'Indiana Glockers' started by R. Emmelman, Feb 15, 2007.

1. R. Emmelman

R. Emmelman
    Expand Collapse
    Tired Member

Man Arrested For Allegedly Teasing Dog

GEORGETOWN, Del. -- A Delaware man who allegedly agitated a police dog inside a police car has been arrested. Georgetown Police said they charged 19-year-old Marco Perez with harassment of a police canine and criminal impersonation. Police said it happened while an officer was conducting a traffic stop and Perez was walking by the police vehicle. That's when police said Perez started pretending to run alongside the vehicle as if he was running from the dog. Police said the dog became agitated, barking and shaking the vehicle.

Link to story

... criminal impersonation? Is it a crime to impersonate a criminal?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. KSFreeman

KSFreeman
    Expand Collapse
    Broken Member

Mmmm, no, here it could be Resisting Law Enforcement, Disorderly Conduct, Criminal Conversion, or Interference with a Police Animal (see page 184 of your criminal code book).

All except DC are Class A misdemeanors, 0 to 365 in the jug and up to 5K fine. DC is a B, 0 to 180 and up to 1K fine.

I would imagine that the prosecution would not be interested in a case like this. Seems very thin once defense gets invovled.

CT likely incorporates our IPA law into their impersonation statute. No big deal.

3. IPDBrad

IPDBrad
    Expand Collapse

Any idiot who would do that either would have a warrant for Public Intox, or be Intox'ed in Public. Just a guess.

4. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak
    Expand Collapse
    KO Windows

I'd have to agree with that 100%, or the dumbass has never had the misfortune of being a K9's chewtoy.

One of the few times I ever felt bad for a crook(and granted, it only lasted for about 10sec..lol), was when I was in the detention unit at Wishard with an inmate, and an ambulance brought in a guy that a police dog just basically latched on to his nuts. It was pretty sad. Now to hear his side of the story, the officer was yelling at the dog to bite him in the nuts :upeyes: .

The guy was pretty wired, I suspect he probably tried to kick the dog, so it latched on to his jewels...

Hopefully it will keep him from producing future criminals..

IGF

5. R. Emmelman

R. Emmelman
    Expand Collapse
    Tired Member

Or he was just an idiot, nothing more, nothing less. He probably thought it was funny at the time.

6. IPDBrad

IPDBrad
    Expand Collapse

IGF, just curious, what do you do?

It always amazes me when people either continue to hide out from a dog, especially when inside a structure or resist when a K-9 is on scene.

There is no way I would resist a dog, I would rather get tazed and maced than dog bit.

7. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak
    Expand Collapse
    KO Windows

I do service work nowdays, worked for the Marion County Jail for a short time, got sick of the politics, went to work for the Dept of Correction for 5yrs. The incident I described above, was probably about 3yrs ago..

IGF

8. KSFreeman

KSFreeman
    Expand Collapse
    Broken Member

Dogs have a hard time understanding "excessive force" or "violating my rights".:animlol: You can tell them about it but they just cock their heads and then want to go for a walk. :)

My dog is a horrible learner. He just sits there and wags his tail as I tell him how to fix the problems of the world. Of course, he exists to take a bullet so I can't hold him to a very high standard.:supergrin:

9. R. Emmelman

R. Emmelman
    Expand Collapse
    Tired Member

My dog just likes to run.... run VERY fast!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. MikeG23

MikeG23
    Expand Collapse

That got a chuckle.

11. IPDBrad

IPDBrad
    Expand Collapse

Rich, my Dobies used to think they were fast, then they met a greyhound at Eagle Creek. Now they settle for somewhat fast.

12. R. Emmelman

R. Emmelman
    Expand Collapse
    Tired Member

Funny thing is 99% of the time she does 0-mph. Greyhounds are known as the 40-mph couch potato. :)

13. KSFreeman

KSFreeman
    Expand Collapse
    Broken Member

Recon, my short-haired collie, met a greyhound in a West Lafayette park once. The dog literally ran circles around him and then ran away.

Recon trotted back me wagging his tail as if he achieved some great victory.:supergrin: :rofl:

Greyhounds may be fast, but collies are smart. Mine has started his own tax service.:tongueout: