close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Straight cut in MK9 barrel lug

Discussion in 'Kahr Club' started by jer9vs2324, Apr 11, 2010.

1. jer9vs2324

jer9vs2324

Aug 30, 2005
    Findlay, OH
    My Kahr MK9 barrel lug that receives the spring/guide rod assembly doesn't have a curved profile to receive the matching curved end of the guide rod. Could that be an issue? See attachment.

My original barrel had a curved cut in the lug. This is a replacement from Kahr.

Attached Files:

2. ripley16

ripley16

Dec 10, 2007
    Virginia
    I don't think any of my barrels have a circular notch. They are all the same as your picture. I've wonder a time or two whether a notch wouldn't help in reassembling and alignment though.

3. The Wire Source

The Wire Source

Oct 22, 2009
    What was wrong with the original barrel to get a replacement?

4. jer9vs2324

jer9vs2324

Aug 30, 2005
    Findlay, OH
    Slide was cracked so they replaced the slide/barrel assembly

5. wagonm

wagonm

Jul 28, 2009
    WA
    Perfectly normal, either Kahr does not have QA, or they do not have a standard.. the original barrel came with my Sept 2009 PM9 has a straight cut, the 1st replacement barrel has a circular cut, the 2nd replacement barrel has a straight cut. Evidently, straight or circular... doesn't matter, either is "normal"

"PERFECTLY normal" in the case of Kahr, just keep on shooting it as long as it is not giving you grief.