Stossel VS the Judge on NSA spying

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by JohnnyReb, Jun 28, 2013.

1. JohnnyReb

Lifetime Member

I was really caught off guard by John Stossel's view on NSA spying. Very out of character, and I wonder if things are happening behind the scenes.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvZGsc7OD9U"]Judge Napolitano vs John Stossel Over Severity of NSA Scandal - YouTube[/ame]

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Whoa! Is Stossel out of his mind? The guy just lost a lot of my respect. The tone of his voice and the way he spoke gave the impression he didn't truly support the things he was talking about. I smell something fishy.

3. JohnnyReb

Lifetime Member

Me too. That was exactly my take. Almost like its forced.

4. barbedwiresmile

barbedwiresmile Unreconstructed

Blackmail has always been a powerful force in politics.

5. They watched the Bush administration getting away with it for 8 years. So they've decided to push the envelope. Seems no one is there to reign them in. I can't believe Stossel used the 'less freedom for security' argument. Just, wow. We really are in a tailspin.

6. hogfish

hogfish Señor Member

"You say you'll move Heaven and Earth. I ask you about freedom...and you're calling me extreme?!"

:rofl:

7. barbedwiresmile

barbedwiresmile Unreconstructed

In all fairness, nobody could have seen all this coming.

8. Nope. No way. :whistling:

9. I've seen other Libertarians and conservatives on Fox News also inexplicably strongly supporting the spying programs...aside from the squishy conservatives you would expect to support the programs.

10. The only way to get to the bottom of it, and to possibly stop the spying, would be to elect a republican president. The liberals would be screaming bloody murder and there would be resignations and prosecutions.

11. JohnH

Millennium Member

Nothing more than controlled opposition by Faux News....libertine Libertarian vs Constitutional Libertarian. Psuedo libertine Libertarian gets opening and closing comments and pufter Red Coat commentator sides with him. Constitutional Libertaian is smeared as being "way out there." Nothing to see here.

12. Very surprised and disapointed in Stossel.

There are more then two liberatarians at Fox???

:rofl:

Oh man that's funny.

13. That is waaaaay off the mark for Stossel! There is something going on with that. I consider myself a libertarian and I think the NSA scandal is one of the greatest overreaches of government in history! Not just for what they are doing but for the great potential it has for control, manipulation and enforcement!

14. You need to keep in mind that Stossel is a libertarian...not a "conditional anarchist". :supergrin: