close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Storm Sandy photo from North Wildwood NJ

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by M&P Shooter, Oct 28, 2012.

1. M&P Shooter

M&P Shooter Metal Member

Jul 19, 2009
    Phila, PA
    My friend sent me this from his car leaving North Wildwood NJ at 9pm tonight:wow:

[​IMG]

2. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil Platinum Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Amarillo, Tx

3. NH Trucker

NH Trucker Needs coffee...

May 4, 2009
    Concord, NH
    Learn to swim :whistling:

Don't worry folks, it's only New Jersey. It's needed a good flushing for a long time now.

4. skeeter7

skeeter7 Brass Vulture

Nov 13, 2010
    Rhode Island
    Maybe the "Jersey Shore" house will be washed away to sea and we can forget it ever happened...

5. Meanie5470

Meanie5470

Jun 27, 2009
    New Jerzee
    Thats scary as hell man. Wildwood's beach is like 2000 feet wide. And trust me all the places in NJ that needed to be flushed were flushed in hurricane Irene. It didnt work. Half of Paterson was under water and there were 3 deaths in the whole state, none of them from any of our shtholes.

And Skeeter, Mr. Jersey Shore guido himself Pauly D is from your state not mine so watch where youre throwing stones.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
  6. A friend of mine posted that same picture on her Facebook page tonight. She got it from her friend, initials BW, who works for the City of Wildwood. Same guy? Maybe we know each other, in a Kevin Bacon sort of way. :supergrin:

7. skeeter7

skeeter7 Brass Vulture

Nov 13, 2010
    Rhode Island
    Relax and go make a sandwich. It was a joke. Just like Pauly D. :tongueout:

8. gunowner1

gunowner1

Jul 11, 2011
    Jensen Beach
    That looks like the parking lot on Spruce Avenue. North Wildwood doesn't have the big beach like Wildwood has. I'm from Upper Twp. fifteen minutes north up Rt. 9.

9. RenoF250

RenoF250

Feb 23, 2008
    I would not watch sea water come over a wall. I would be too busy going the other way.

10. Arc Angel

Arc Angel Deus Vult!

Sep 20, 2003
    Penn's Woods
    We live in the vicinity of Stroudsburg, PA. (Very near the Delaware Water Gap where Steve Irwin was almost bitten in the crotch by an Eastern Timber Rattler!) As I type this, it's just starting to rain; and the wind is picking up with considerable force. When my wife started one of the cars up this morning we lost the reverse gear on the first car in the driveway. That meant all the other vehicles were stuck in place; and we were unable to leave the property - All this with a major storm blowing in! :shocked:

Well, the tow truck just left; and we have access to the main road now. Timing, it's everything! I don't even want to think about what might have happened if we hadn't discovered we had a car problem when we did. :freak:

Must be some kind of storm that's coming in. The wild birds are rapidly eating down the feeders; and our cats are sticking to me, somewhat annoyingly, 'like glue'. Wow, listen to that wind howl!

11. havensal

havensal Nozzle Jockey CLM

Aug 14, 2003
    Western, NY
    I fear it will be a long, busy night for myself and the dept. :shocked::wow:

To all the first responders, be safe! :wavey:

12. Eurodriver

Eurodriver

Sep 11, 2010
    Meanwhile in Florida.... we're wondering what all the hype is about?

13. kirgi08

kirgi08 Watcher. Silver Member

Jun 4, 2007
    Acme proving grounds.
  14. byf43

byf43 NRA Life Member

Apr 13, 2006
    Southern Maryland
  15. geofri

geofri Poikilotherm™ Lifetime Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Below sea level.
    :rofl:you use that to describe your location??

Worked for me. I have that scene memorized.:rofl::whistling:

16. KML

KML Millennium Member

Sep 11, 1999
    That pic is from 2nd and JFK were the sea wall starts.If I had a nickel for everybody who sent it to me saying it came from their friend I could retire.

17. Bilbo Bagins

Bilbo Bagins Slacked jawed

Sep 16, 2008
    Not to belittle Sandy, because its storming like a Mofo here in my area of PA, but I stood on the sea wall in NW at that exact spot few times on a regular stormy day at high tide and it always gets bad there. There use to be a rock jetty right there that you could walk out on and fish off of that is off limits now.

Cool pic though

18. NH Trucker

NH Trucker Needs coffee...

May 4, 2009
    Concord, NH

We're all worried that it might bend our licence plates or affect our jet skis. It might also make our old lady neighbors ornery.

:upeyes: