close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Storage box for my lambskin?

Discussion in 'Freemason's Lodge' started by nationwide, Aug 28, 2008.

1. nationwide

nationwide

May 10, 2002
    Howdy Brethren :wavey:

After being raised, I find that I have amassed a nice little collection of items and I would like some way to store them safely, perhaps for future generations, if I can get my wife to hold still long enough :embarassed:

Anyone have any ideas? Is there a case of some type commercially available?

Thanks!

2. Beware Owner

Beware Owner NOT a victim.

Oct 16, 2007

3. Kimelac

Kimelac Bada Bing! CLM

Dec 16, 2003
    fughedaboutit
  4. Beware Owner

Oct 16, 2007
  5. jetboatdriver

jetboatdriver CLM

Nov 11, 2005
    TEXAS
    Not :wavey: ..... :faint:

Somethings are not funny

6. Beware Owner

Oct 16, 2007
    It was to me.

7. jetboatdriver

jetboatdriver CLM

Nov 11, 2005
    TEXAS
    Apparently.

But for the rest of us we are of the position that what may be funny to you is still in very poor taste and disrespectful to the rest of us.

8. jerrytrini

jerrytrini

Sep 15, 2001
    19th Hole
    If you do not intend to wear it for meetings, may I suggest have it encased in glass and use the Lodge's aprons instead.

Have a fine evening my brother.

9. JayPap

JayPap NRA Life Member Millennium Member

Dec 31, 1998
    The Fox Hole
    There are companies like Luther and Klitzner who sell tubes to store them in.

In my area a lot of members have them placed flat behind thier Lodge Diploma and framed to preserve it.

The next time you wear it is usually at your funeral so let your wife know where it is.

10. mmsig229

mmsig229

Jan 26, 2003
    Ohio
    DO NOT PUT IT IN A STORAGE TUBE!!!! Sorry for yelling but, I have seen several which were stored rolled up. They were never able to be properly used again. Ours come in a flat plastic carrying case. Some lodge have an "apron night" where the Brethren try to locate their apron and bring it to Lodge. This gets the guys thinking, hmmm, where is it???!!!

11. srothman

srothman

Feb 23, 2007
    Missouri
    I have mine in a small flat case, with my Past Masters Apron. It is a small vinyl case, and the apron must be folded in half. My friend who is line at the Grand Lodge, has a real leather one that holds his apron, laying flat, and jewels.

If just depends on how much you want to spend. Up until I got my Past Masters apron I kept mine nicely rolled up in the tube, and there was no damamge. A day of laying flat on a table and it was fine. We keep our lodge aprons rolled up in the tubes, and have never had a problem with them. We by them in bulk every about every 10 years, and have never had any problems.

12. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

Aug 20, 2002
    Virginia

It will be used once more.

13. mmsig229

mmsig229

Jan 26, 2003
    Ohio
    WB, you won't have any problems with them for many, many, years. But let's presume they are stored when initiated, and removed 50 years later. They will be damaged by then. I found several aprons stored in tubes while cleaning out the Lodge. They were falling apart and unable to be made flat. I'll be receiving my PM Apron and Jewel soon. I will store the apron flat in a case when not in use.

14. filthy infidel

filthy infidel 100% Infidel

Apr 24, 2007
    North Carolina
    Mine is in plastic, out of sunlight, on top of the buffet in the dining room. Please remind my wife where is is if I buy the farm, thanks kindly.

15. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

Aug 20, 2002
    Virginia
    When I got mine I thought I hope that when this is used again "It Is Old Enough To Be Falling Apart From Extreme Age"

16. mmsig229

mmsig229

Jan 26, 2003
    Ohio
    None of us escape the sythe of time!!!

17. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

Aug 20, 2002
    Virginia
    But you don't have to play in the middle of the street either. :^)

18. RED64CJ5

RED64CJ5

Jul 7, 2003
    There is a very simple solution. Mine came in a plastic bag, hopefully yours did, too. Rolled up is a no-no. It should not be stored in a tube. If you store it flat, it will remain in great shape until the last time you need it.

My suggestion (and this has worked for many) is to fabricate a flat storage box out of scrap (and clean) cardboard. you can tape it up to make a nice flat sleeve with enough room to put the apron in and take it out when you need it. Mine works great and I store it in the closet.

19. filthy infidel

filthy infidel 100% Infidel

Apr 24, 2007
    North Carolina
    Yet another reason why I always thought you were a nice guy Red!
    FI