Stoeger m2000 defense

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by supermanct, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Anyone own one? I own a camo m2000 that has ran perfect for years.

2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    WTB - Stoeger M2000 12g Shotgun - FTF in TN Wanted To Buy Nov 12, 2008
    WTS: Stoeger Cougar 9mm Firearms Listings Aug 11, 2015
    Stoeger Tactical SxS 12 Ga Tactical Shotguns Jun 18, 2015
    FS: Beretta PX4 Compact 9mm--Stoeger Cougar 9mm Firearms Listings Apr 11, 2015
    WTS Stoeger Cougar 8000 9mm & DeSantis Leather Holster Firearms Listings Feb 18, 2015

3. AgentM79

Platinum Member

Mine didn't meet expectations - it broke twice (the stock shot loose from the receiver, and then the action bar ("slider") assembly fractured where the ring engages the mag tube outer spring). My dealer sent it back to Stoeger (Beretta?), and they replaced the broken bar and cleaned the gun. Ultimately, I traded it and put the money towards a minty, used Benelli M1/S90. I haven't looked back. The worst thing about the Stoeger was the bolt release button. It was too stiff/heavy for self defense use - I couldn't reliably close the bolt. The Stoeger 2000 Defense is a good "starter" gun for a pump shooter looking to learn the autoloader. It DID fill that role for me. But I soon found myself wanting a better gun. If Stoeger could fix the bolt release button issue, and put a better stock on the 2000 Defense (the pistol grip stock had too radical an angle/drop, and it was hard to get a good cheek weld), they would have something really good. The Stoeger 2000 Defense cycled reliably and shot accurately, as long as full-power shot and slugs were used.