close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Stocks

Discussion in 'Business Forum' started by fit4christfit4life, Jan 21, 2009.

1. fit4christfit4life

fit4christfit4life Keef

Dec 7, 2004
    Since there is not a stock forum, I figure i will start a thread here. I would like this just to be a post to bring stocks to light, not try to convince people to buy into any particular stock, as that will only cause trouble and hard feelings between members, especially in this market.

Anyway, stocks on watch for today 21 Jan 09

-JCDS rumors of news comming out, not a typical penny company, building a large client base including NEOFirma (My ONLY penny play)

-DNA. nice news today with great profits. We Might get a 5%+ pop, but in this overall down market recently who knows. She bounced off support yesterday.

"Genentech Posts $931 Million 4Q Profit, an Industrial Info News AlertHighlighted Links

Industrial Info ResourcesSUGAR LAND, TX--(Marketwire - January 21, 2009) - Researched by Industrial Info Resources (Sugar Land, Texas) -- Genentech Incorporated (NYSE:DNA) (San Francisco, California) recently announced a fourth-quarter 2008 net income of $931 million, up 47% compared with $632 million in the same period of 2007. Sales for the quarter rose 13% to $2.5 billion, compared with $2.2 billion in the fourth quarter of 2007. Industrial Info is tracking two active Genentech projects worth $300 million as part of our Pharmaceutical Tracker - Online Database. The larger of the two projects is a grassroot biotherapeutic fill and finish plant in Hillsboro, Oregon. Hillsboro is one of three locations that Genentech has targeted to ramp up manufacturing, Chairman and CEO Arthur Levinson said.

For details, view the entire article by subscribing to Industrial Info's Premium Industry News at http://www.industrialinfo.com/showNews.jsp?newsitemID=143058, or browse other breaking industrial news stories at www.industrialinfo.com.

Industrial Info Resources (IIR) is a marketing information service specializing in industrial process, energy and financial related markets with products and services ranging from industry news, analytics, forecasting, plant and project databases, as well as multimedia services. For more information send inquiries to pharmabiogroup@industrialinfo.com or visit us at www.industrialinfo.com."

-GNW, again on watch, played it a few times the last month, currently out looking for a chance to get back in.

-RZ, a long term with good potential that needs to find a bottom.

-GFG took a 31% hit yesterday, not sure why. Watch for a bounce.

-IVA, been an easy flip from .16-.20 for the past 6 months. Low to no volume, so not much opportunity for large money.

Spread the word on the board, I know we have some active traders here.

Matt

Last edited: Jan 21, 2009
  2. TCmofo

TCmofo

May 5, 2008
    Mizzou
    Good idea keef...how's da weather ova dere with da local kine grind and all dat??

3. fit4christfit4life

fit4christfit4life Keef

Dec 7, 2004
    ?

I don't get it.

Matt

4. TCmofo

TCmofo

May 5, 2008
    Mizzou
    Hawaii man....da pigeon talk...locals brah

5. fit4christfit4life

fit4christfit4life Keef

Dec 7, 2004
    lol, I ain't local, and I say the same thing to them.....I don't get it.

Matt

6. TCmofo

TCmofo

May 5, 2008
    Mizzou
    Yeah, I always thought pigeon was fun to listen to...god I miss the food over there, I was stationed at Hickam for 4 years....

7. fit4christfit4life

fit4christfit4life Keef

Dec 7, 2004
    Thai is awesome!!!!

So you do much trading? You still in the military?

Matt

8. fit4christfit4life

fit4christfit4life Keef

Dec 7, 2004
    Good day in the market today, I suspect tomorrow will be another green if we can break resistance.

DNA up 1%, GNW up 19%, GFG up 18%, RZ up 5%. 43% today not bad :cool:

The market as a whole had a nice green candle today. It Needs some confirmation and break through heavy resistance around the 8250 level.

New stocks
    CNO - up 21% and chart is kickin
    FTBK - up 15%, looks to be rebounding, don't want it to drop below the $2 support level.
    -ETFC -Etrade is up 20%. nice strong candle, resistance at $1.25 area.

For Penny plays
    -JCDS is at a buy now after someone walked it down today.
    -EESO up 94% today, some nice momo, if you like a lotto should keep going tomorrow but who knows, i'm staying out of it as I don't know anything about the company. If your a momo player it looks pretty good.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2009
  9. fit4christfit4life

fit4christfit4life Keef

Dec 7, 2004
    THMR - a buy and hold, will pop eventually.

Matt

Last edited: Jan 22, 2009
  10. TCmofo

TCmofo

May 5, 2008
    Mizzou
    Minimal amount of trading...and yeah I am still in the military. I look for value more than really digging and doing research on up and comers.

I'm looking into buying GE or BOA, pretty good values right now.

Edit, I mostly invest in mutual funds...

11. fit4christfit4life

fit4christfit4life Keef

Dec 7, 2004
    Did anyone buy STEM! WOW what a great day:wow: OUT with a 20% profit. :cool:

Matt

12. fit4christfit4life

fit4christfit4life Keef

Dec 7, 2004
    From the chart of GE, I'd wait and see if the market bounces off 7500 again, that's just me. If it does bounce off 7500 again I'd say buy. If 7500 doesn't hold, you just saved a lot of money...

Matt

13. mike from philly

mike from philly

Aug 26, 2001
    Georgia
    You've got to be the bravest man in America to buy GE or BAC. Financials are dead. You can't trust their financials nor the management. They have no growth and may be in a big downturn. One of the only things I did right was not buying Financials when everyone said they were at a bottom.

I was looking at Airlines but their charts seem to have blownup. Check out ALK. Gold is starting to look good. Besides those two, I don't see squat that is any good.

14. Mabo

Mabo Want a beer?

Apr 4, 2003
    GE is only part a financials company though, last year I believe 40% of their profit came from their financial arm. Even in this last quarter when they made 44% less than the same quarter last year they pulled down a 3.7 billion dollar profit. Right now at GE's prices (currently $12.03) you are getting a 10% dividend (0.31 cents per share every quarter). When Buffet bought his 3 billion dollars of preffered shares a few months ago he got them for 22.50 I believe and a guaranteed 10% dividend. Now we have the chance to get the same dividend but a better share price. GE paid its dividend through the great depression, I don't think they will be having a problem with our current situation.

15. fit4christfit4life

fit4christfit4life Keef

Dec 7, 2004
    SAY, big fall after some news, looks like it's going to bounce after a powerful up day friday.

For a long term, USO, one of many oil stocks. Might have found bottom and at a many year low. It's oil, could be an easy double + in a 6 months to a year. Closed up on rumors of opec cutting jobs which would decrease supply.......

Just a couple I'm looking at for today.

Matt

16. fit4christfit4life

fit4christfit4life Keef

Dec 7, 2004

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM SAY!!!! Up 20% 15 mins into open...

USO up 3%.....

Matt

Edit: SAY, out at 20% hehe

Last edited: Jan 26, 2009
  17. fit4christfit4life

fit4christfit4life Keef

Dec 7, 2004
    XYTS Up 262% today. Odds are, it will keep going tomorrow :wow:

I don't like high risk plays So I'm not touching it.

Matt

Last edited: Jan 28, 2009
  18. fit4christfit4life

fit4christfit4life Keef

Dec 7, 2004
    DRYS up 17% today:cool:

Set stop a stop and see where it goes tomorrow.

Matt