close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Stockman folding knives

Discussion in 'The Cutting Edge' started by fastbolt, Apr 22, 2013.

1. fastbolt

fastbolt
    Expand Collapse

Anyone else renewing their collection of the trusty 3-bladed Stockman folders, 2-blade Peanut, etc?

It started when I found an old Buck Large Stockman I'd set aside ... and then an older Shrade, in the bottom of an old toolbox ...

Then, the next thing I knew, I was browsing a couple of my normal websites looking at new ones, especially those by Case ...

Now, I have 2 new ones and another on the way ... and I'm still looking at more. :shocked:

I've found these small, medium & large 2 & 3 blade folding knives have replaced my SAK's ... and now I'm looking at 4-bladed Congress, Muskrat, Trappers, etc.

Great. Full circle ... just as I'm turning 60.

I thought all the new lockblades I'[ve been buying were going to be my latest (recurrent) vice. :whistling:

:rofl:

#1 fastbolt, Apr 22, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2013
  2. countrygun

countrygun
    Expand Collapse

I have always been a 'trapper' design guy but lately I have been remembering my Grandfather and his Stockman and I have picked up a few.

I am really getting good use out of one of the least expensive knives I own and it happens to be a "stockman" of sorts. It came from the SMKW "Rough Rider" line. It is a 3 5/8" (or 7/8) jigged bone handle with the two short blades (Spey and clip) on one end and the master blade on the other. They do this because the master is lockback. I have several of the RR line and I must say they have a very decent steel in them especially for the price. It is kind of nice to have a lockback on the small knife I carry for the jobs and circumstances that don't need my Kershaw whirlwind.

3. fastbolt

fastbolt
    Expand Collapse

Thanks. I do enjoy looking through catalogs. Reminds me when I was little and used to spend hours going through the dept store catalogs.

4. Lt Scott 14

Lt Scott 14
    Expand Collapse

Got a bone handled 3 blade and is my EDC. I also carry a Buck110, on the belt for bigger jobs. The Stockman does a big job of cutting an apple, opening a bag of candy or chips.
    Cuts loose strings, nylon strings, even a crispy salad on occasion, at work.
    The Buck is a great tool for skinning deer, or protection. My 2 sons saved up some money and bought the 3 blade for Fathers Day. Made by Bear and Sons, holds a great edge on all the blades.