close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Stock Length of Pull Adjustment Needed!

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by lowes48, Mar 4, 2011.

1. lowes48

lowes48

Nov 24, 2009
    Hey Guys,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p> </o:p>
    I recently changed the stock on my Remington 870 Express Magnum to a youth stock that has a short length-of-pull (12”) that I bought last week. My reasoning for the change was that even though I’m 6’4” and have long arms, I didn’t like how the gun shouldered with the original stock, and I felt a shorter LOP would be better for a home defense application. Well, it does come up quicker now, but it feels a bit too cramped! That being the case, I would like to add about 1” to the stock which would make it perfect for me. I see that Remington offers an adjustable LOP system (spacers), but I don’t think they would work on the short stock. I believe they are made to work with a standard stock and would be too large for the short stock’s rear profile unless they were trimmed down, which I don’t want to mess with. Does anyone know of a spacer/recoil pad that lengthens a youth stock? Or does anyone make a thin replacement for the thick recoil pad on the synthetic stock which would shorten the LOP? Either way I think I would end up with something that suits me. If I have to change back to the original I’ll at least have a short stock for my son when he gets old enough to shoot!<o:p></o:p>
    <o:p> </o:p>
    Thanks in advance for your time and effort with my questions!

2. barstoolguru

barstoolguru texas proud

Jan 10, 2011
    dallas, tx
    packmyer makes a slip on or screw on gun butt recoil pad that will add an inch without dammaging the stock