close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Stock Glock Sight Height

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by Rollbar, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Rollbar

Rollbar Minister-KF7JKO

Mar 10, 2012
    Nevada
    I tried to reply to this thread but couldn't, not enough posts I guess.

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1377077

What is the stock height of the Glock 19 sight? The standard white dot and U shape rear sight.

Buying one on Thursday and will probably change out the sights and would like to get something of the same height for sighting if I understand this right.

Thanks,
    Jim

Last edited: Mar 20, 2012
  2. bentbiker

bentbiker NRA Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Orange County, CA
    Front sight is .165" and rear is 6.5mm (.256"). And, note that the measurement on the rear is from the bottom of the dovetail to the top, not from the slide surface. The front is from the slide surface to the top.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2012

3. Rollbar

Rollbar Minister-KF7JKO

Mar 10, 2012
    Nevada
    Thank you. So replacing sights I would just get the same height, correct?

Has anyone bought a new set and had to swap them out due to incorrect height?

If so, is there a common make/model?

Thanks,
    Jim

4. bentbiker

bentbiker NRA Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Orange County, CA
    If you go over to the sights forum, you'll find more reading material than you can read in a lifetime.

5. PghJim

PghJim

Apr 21, 2005
    Pittsburgh
    It depends on what make of sight you are using for replacement. I have used one that only came in two sizes and the shorter still shot too high. I now go with Glock factory night sights. You can get them at Lone Wolf and can be garranteed you have the same height front and rear you removed from the gun. I even think the polymer sights have identification lines on one side, If it is just one line, it is the standard middle sight. If it has a long line with a short line above it, you need the next size up, and if it has the longer line with a short line below it, you need the next lower sights. Just my opinion.

6. Rollbar

Rollbar Minister-KF7JKO

Mar 10, 2012
    Nevada
  7. Rollbar

Rollbar Minister-KF7JKO

Mar 10, 2012
    Nevada
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2012
  8. Rollbar

Rollbar Minister-KF7JKO

Mar 10, 2012
    Nevada
    I have decided to go w/this sight ^^Above.

Question is the width of the rear "U"-will this sight work w/the stock Glock sight or should I get a different rear sight?

Thanks,
    Jim

Last edited: May 8, 2012
  9. k9storm2003

k9storm2003

Jul 29, 2012
    Hello,

This is my first post in this forum and I was hoping that someone could help me with a sight question. I have a Glock 32 and I was looking at putting either Trijicon HD or Ameriglo Pro I-Dot sights on it. On both Trijicon and Ameriglo's website they list a different part # for a sight set between the Glock 23 & 32. I thought both were the same but for some reason they list two different part #'s for each weapon.

I emailed Trijicon about this and they actually said that yes this is a mistake and I should order their part # they have listed for a Glock 23. But when I spoke with someone from Ameriglo they said no go with the part # for the Glock 32. I'm not sure what to get and I was hoping for a little insight from everyone.

It appears that it all has to do with the stock height of the rear sight between the Glock 23 & 32. The glock website says that they are the same but Ameriglo is saying that the Glock 32 rear sight is a little taller. Could someone please help.

Thanks