Stock for Mossberg 500. Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by Gbannan, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Bullman

Bullman Deranged Deputy

Just checked Magpul's website, the SGA stock is now listed for Mossberg shotguns!!!, just in time for the SHOT show.:supergrin:

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. They've got pics up on their facebook page as well...:supergrin:

3. Finally, someone who also knows how to handle a gun. I should have asked the others if they waded through the rice paddies with their safeties on.

4. Just checked their site. Think i'm going to wait until it's available. Looks all business...

5. MrMurphy

MrMurphy *********
    Moderator Moderator Millennium Member Lifetime Member

Depends on the unit and depends on just how trained.

AR safeties make it very easy to go off target, on safe.

I've had unit level trainers preach 'my finger is my safety' quite a few times. Also had a kid put a round in his own knee.

Safeties have a place, and they're not hard to use.

Kyle Lamb, Larry Vickers, and quite a few others would bang this into your head.

Pump shotguns carried chamber empty are the only time I'd differ, because it's chamber empty. Soon as the chamber's loaded and you're off target...... safe that piece.

6. Bullman

Bullman Deranged Deputy

We took down an armed robber last night and I was the first marked unit on the scene. I pulled the shotgun out of the rack and the investigators were pulling this guy out of the car. I put one in the tube but do you think for a moment in a highly charged situation like that, with my guys in such close proximity that I am going to just rely on my finger, heck no. I kept it safe, my thumb on the safety, using good trigger finger discipline. Safety is really important, it keeps the wrong people from getting hurt, and keeps the people who need to get hurt from getting that way unless they really need it.