Stippling Work

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by steven07, Mar 8, 2013.

1. So I finally made up my mind to stipple my EDC, a KAHR PM40. After a little practice on a few polymer CIA knive I picked up from the army navy store & a few DIY videos on YouTube I gave it a go & was very happy with the results.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Stippling my G23 or Buy Another RTF Frame? General Glocking Friday at 3:52 PM
    Stippling in Oregon General Glocking Sep 20, 2015
    SOLD Custom G21.4 FDE Magwell Stippling Bag 4 Mags $650obo Central FL Firearms Listings Aug 21, 2015
    Frame Stippling Options/Timberwolf Frame Review? Gunsmithing Aug 16, 2015
    Glock stippling recommendations. Gunsmithing Apr 22, 2015

3. frank_drebin

frank_drebin 1-man flash mob

How does it do on your clothing? Is it going to snag your undershirt? The RTF2 makes my shirt inch up and I constantly have to pul it down. Well, I did. Now I carry something else.

4. Just finished it up this evening so I couldn't tell you. After stippling I did use a piece of fine grit sandpaper to get rid of any sharp blemishes so it should ride fine.
    #3 steven07, Mar 8, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
  5. frank_drebin

frank_drebin 1-man flash mob

Just make sure you alternate carry sides so your love handles match :)
  6. The 21sf came out nice too
  7. 3rdgen40

3rdgen40 .45 fanatic

There is stippling and then there is melting holes in plastic.Big difference.
  8. Very nice :)
  9. true believer

10. true believer

11. Unless you're doing it for yourself, and going to keep that gun, stippling (especially amateur one) will be a hard sell, and value of the gun will drop by at least 25%.
  12. skeeter7

skeeter7 Brass Vulture

:rofl: Probably would have been better off getting some Talon grips for it. At least that is reversible.
  13. Very nice work.

I recently stippled my Glock and the frontstrap on my LCP and I love the way they feel now.
  14. Regardless I love the new feel. Took both guns to the range the other day and neither jumped from my hands anymore. While the PM40 is a tiny gun with a big caliber and the 21 is an all round big gun I had no problem at all with follow up shots. I don't buy guns to sell them, or even trade them so a little custom work to make the gun more suitable to me makes sense. Reguardless to what I might or might not have done to the value, it works for me.
    #15 steven07, Mar 12, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
  15. true believer

that's what counts.. as long as you like it..