close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Still on a low carb diet.

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Detectorist, Oct 12, 2012.

1. Detectorist

Detectorist

Looks like I've lost a couple of more pounds. My insulin resistance is also dropping tremendously.

I cheated this past Sunday. Had an apple pie a-la-mode. Dang it was good. By the next morning my blood glucose was normal....

How are you guys doing?

2. Snaps

Snaps Hail 2 The King

Insuilin resistance is a bad thing though right? Or am I misunderstanding?

3. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

Yes, it's a bad thing. His low-carb diet is making his body respond to insulin (good thing) better.

4. misunderestimated

misunderestimated

Congratulation

Keep in mind the more you cheat, the more you want to cheat.

Some items should just be avoided If you detoxed your body from sugars and sweets stay away don't go back. Every time I detox from soda,taking one little sip eventually turns into drinking a bottle of soda.

Your free of sugar enjoy it don't torture yourself with little snacks. Once you start to taste it again you end up with craving for sugar again .

How much have you lost

Good Luck

Last edited: Oct 12, 2012
  5. sierrafast

sierrafast Coleccionista

Congrats to you on your accomplishment. I have also lost a great deal. Since I started a low carb/sugar diet and keeping my calorie intake under ~1600, I have lost 62 pounds since the begining of this year. My wife keeps telling me to stop loosing weight now at 169 and 6ft tall.

6. Jack_Pine

Jack_Pine CLM

I have been in my own version of maintenance mode for 4-5 years. I have kept at 213 ish. Was 252 when I first started it.

I know it does not work for everyone, but when at dinner parties or out at events I may have one bite of my wife's desert. I get a taste and have gotten to the point where I am satisfied with that. Works for me.

7. Mushinto

Mushinto Master Member

Over ten years now. Still the most effective lifestyle for keeping weight off.

8. misunderestimated

misunderestimated

WOW that's great,sounds like you have your metabolism working great now. I would also think you have to start to stop losing and try and settle in with maintenance.

This from a guy guy who is 5'10" and presently 218 down from 240. I will be thrilled when I get to maintain at around 200

9. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

I could eat low/no carb almost 100% of the time, except for snacks. My body (I guess my mouth, really) just wants carbs for a snack. Not chips. But cereal or something.

I weaned myself into water for almost every drink (outside of coffee) to drink. I guess at some point, I'll just switch over to SOMETHING besides carbs for snacks.

My only other problem is my wife is a carbo-holic. Last night was ham. . . and Fettucini Alfredo. Man it was good, but not good for me. :) :(

10. SMOKEin

SMOKEin

I've been low carb'n since early June and have lost a ton of excess weight. I sleep better, wake up refreshed, twice the energy and have converted many gasoline powered hobbies into manual power ones (bass boat to kayak for fishing, etc).

I have avoided the gym so far, but really would like to start working out again. Am I the only one that can totally sabotage a diet by lifting weights and causing hunger to go through the roof?

11. Detectorist

Detectorist

It's encouraging to hear so many success stories. It sure is hard to break the sugar addictions.

12. F350

F350

I have to reach a BMI of 35 to get another overseas contract (Afghanistan) and have started following an exercise and diet routine. I just got home from an hour swimming laps in the pool, had 2, 1/4 thick slices of a pork loin that is ~2 inches in diameter. If I get hungry before dinner I will have some beef jerky, dinner will be a large chicken breast and a half cup of peas. I have been loosing ~5# a week.

13. Snaps

Snaps Hail 2 The King

ok thanks, I think I read that wrong