close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Sticky Holster

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by hydrated, Jun 23, 2012.

1. hydrated

hydrated

Dec 19, 2008
    I am curious about others people's thoughts and experiences with the Sticky Holster. I am also curious about which fits better (or what the difference is, I.E. perhaps the trigger guard isn't covered as much in one) for a Glock 19, the LG-2 which is what the website says is the main holster for the Glock 19 or the MD-4 which it says it will fit also but it would be 1/2" higher. If any one has pictures of a Glock 19 in either or both holsters that would be great too. I am also looking at the Super Mag Pouch. It sounds like it is pretty versatile, IWB, OWB on belt loop, pocket carry, and something called A-Frame mode.

2. DaneA

DaneA

Mar 7, 2011
    Chattanooga
    Looks to be a remora knock off. The remora is nice for quick trips but I don't care for it for all day wear.

3. Pepiot

Pepiot Yippee ki-yay...

Feb 18, 2007
    The Shop
    Havn't tried a stickey holster, but I do use a remora holster all day every day with my g27. Having tired just about every style available the remora is by far my favorite to date.

4. robhic

robhic WOLVERINE!!!! Platinum Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Louisiana
    Agreed. This is a somewhat shameless knock-off of the Remora holster. Looks identical except for the actual surface finish.

I carry a G26 and a G19 in Remora holsters. My advice, IMO, is go with the original. I didn't see the price but Remoras are like $25. Why get a knock-off?

5. gunowner1

gunowner1

Jul 11, 2011
    Jensen Beach
    I've got one for my LCP. The quality is pretty good. I've never worn it all day due to the fact that the LCP is never my primary if I can help it. I've worn it to run out to the mailbox or a few quick trips to the store. It always stays in place as advertised.

6. Can you reholster one handed?

If not I wouldn't buy one.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

7. gunowner1

gunowner1

Jul 11, 2011
    Jensen Beach
    I just tried it with my LCP and I was able to reholster with one hand while wearing shorts with an elastic waistband.

8. hydrated

hydrated

Dec 19, 2008
    Ok, I see where Sticky does not offer the reinforced version anymore, so it looks like Remora is better in that effect. But I am still curious about the Sticky Super Mag Pouch vs the Remora Mag Holder. Does anyone have any experience with both of those? Also, I am still trying to figure out if I want to pocket carry the magazine or IWB carry. So any thoughts on either of those holsters for either single or double magazine would be great too.

9. robhic

robhic WOLVERINE!!!! Platinum Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Louisiana
    No experience with both but I got a Remora single mag pouch and it works. I would say to be careful with loose-fitting pants. The guns slip right out of the Remora holsters but the mags can be a bit tight and thus will come out with the mag so be careful.

10. Rick305

Rick305 ra1sales.com

May 14, 2012
    Sticky isn't what I would call a knock off. I believe the companies or head honchos were connected at one point.

I've been using a Sticky for my G29 for a few months and I've said it on here , it was the best iwb I've ever had. (found it locally , the store didn't stock remora)

Last week when I got my m&p9c -- the store I purchased from stocked remoras so I grabbed one. Great holster as well , the remora seems a little more high tech and made of better quality while the sticky "feels better" -- but i haven't carried the remora that much so I can't do a full blown review.

They were both like $25 bucks.

Tonight I for some reason put the G29 in the remora just to see how it would compare ... (hadn't tried it until this evening) ... And here's my results ...

- My M&P works much much better in the Sticky. Now -- it can be pocket carried :embarassed: :) , i feel dumb for not trying this last week.

- The remora is a much better option for my 29. It felt more supportive then the stickola , and I feel it's a better option for my compact glock because of the material / size of gun / type of material.

End result : I would say for an M&P Compact , Shield , G26 or similar sized grey area pocket-possible carry pieces , go for the sticky. I couldn't pocket the M&P with the remora but I can with the sticky. This is most likley to a better fit , and the texture / thickness of the holster.

They're both amazing products for amazing prices . $25 bucks beats some $120 holsters I've had in the past. They are both fully adjustable and as long as you keep your pants up and wear a decent belt -- you'll forget it's there.

Winner : Both -- if your needing one for a tiny mouse gun get which ever you can find first.

SubKindOfCompact guns - I'd go with Sticky if you want to pocket carry. IWB same as Remora so it's really preference of carry.

Big boys -- Remora No Slip Black. Nuff said.