close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Sticking mags - kydex pouches a solution?

Discussion in 'GATE Self-Defense Forum' started by jack76590, Jul 20, 2010.

1. jack76590

jack76590

Aug 15, 2004
    I generally chose leather over kydex for carry, as it is more comfortable and conforms to my body.

I generally carry a mini glock. The short mags of the mini glock do not allow much room to grab with my hand. The large glock mags in same pouch come out easily, but the mini glock mags often bind. I have used rosen leather lighting and this help, as well as putting plastic round mags to enlarge pouch. But still get some binding. I briefly considered using longer mags for spares, but they don't conceal well for me. Plus longer mags in my G27 are not reliable.

So to my question. Would kydex mag pouch be a potential solution for the sticking that often occurs with mags for mini glocks? I have orders some Gebhard kydex pouches to try out, but interested in your experiences and recommendations. Thanks.

2. Mas Ayoob

Mas Ayoob KoolAidAntidote Moderator

Nov 6, 2005
    No need for me on this one, Jack. All I can do is validate the answer you already found for yourself. Kydex would have been my recommendation for your particular needs.

best,
    Mas

3. jack76590

jack76590

Aug 15, 2004
    Thanks Mas. I eagerly await delivery of my Gebhard kydex mag pouches.