close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Sticking it to Feds: First Hemp Crop in 60 Years Planted This Week in CO

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Ronny, May 19, 2013.

1. Kablam

Kablam

Jan 12, 2005
    Know that for a fact do you? My guess would be that they are pro pot, not pro hemp. The whole Colorado thing was not about hemp growing for industrial use, it was all about getting stoned. That's okay. I think the fed gov shoud stay out of it completely, but don't blow smoke up out skirts with the pro hemp thing.

2. Gundude

Gundude

Mar 7, 2003
    This little gem might've had something to do with it:

Last edited: May 20, 2013

3. Gundude

Gundude

Mar 7, 2003
    Yup. Having read their posts, I know that about the posters.
    They are pro hemp too. They're also pro gun. See a pattern?
    No, it was all about ending prohibition. Ending alcohol prohibition wasn't all about getting drunk.

4. Ronny

Ronny Good Guy

Dec 28, 2001
    NE Ohio
    You're totally out of touch with reality. I have no rage, but peace at heart. I have no fear but only courage. You who would condemn your countryman for a different opinion are no patriot but are the scourge of liberty. And you know nothing of my lifestyle but assume only wrongly out of your ignorance.

5. kirgi08

kirgi08 Watcher. Silver Member

Jun 4, 2007
    Acme proving grounds.
    I DON'T CARE,what you sycophants fail ta realize is this.I'm a Jeffersonian LIBERTARIAN.I don't give a duck what folk do.If it effects me and mine,it's a different story.I enjoy correcting n00bs.'08.

Got Milk.

6. BicycleDay43

BicycleDay43 00 Buck dude

Feb 4, 2007
    Oak Grove, Kentucky

Answer the question.

How does the growing of hemp affect you or your family?

Sent using my LG. Have a Glocktastic day!

7. Kablam

Kablam

Jan 12, 2005
    Tell yourself that if you like.

8. kirgi08

Jun 4, 2007
    Acme proving grounds.
  9. Gundude

Gundude

Mar 7, 2003
    So you're not concerned about hemp or weed being legalized then? Sorry I misinterpreted your post.

You did say hemp is evil though. Very libertarian of you to be fine with something you feel is evil being legalized, but, um, why is hemp evil? Looks too much like weed?

10. Gundude

Gundude

Mar 7, 2003
    Sure, it had nothing to do with violence, crime, and loss of freedom that prohibition brought, it's just that people really really wanted to get drunk and they were unable to do so in the countless speakeasies that served alcohol illegally.

Silly me for deluding myself and failing to see the "real" reason, which makes so much more sense to a rational person.

11. soutthpaw

soutthpaw

Apr 4, 2013
    That about sums it up. This has a potential to provide a good cash crop for thousands of farmers thus helping our economy and keeping half a billion dollars in the USA yearly instead of giving it to other countries!

12. kirgi08

Jun 4, 2007
    Acme proving grounds.
    b
    You took my post outta context,the sad part is you know you did.

I don't care what folk do............... When it affects my Family the offender is a subject.Your fishing is kinda funny.A baited hook kinda helps.Your fishing is kinda like fertilizer.'08.

13. Kablam

Kablam

Jan 12, 2005
    Gundude:
    "Silly me for deluding myself and failing to see the "real" reason, which makes so much more sense to a rational person."

Stop with the insults. I'm basically on your side with the "stuff anything you want in you for whatever reason you want." I don't care. Just don't give me the industrial hemp reason for legalizing pot. That's worse than the "so we can tax it" jive. If you think the fed gov repealed prohibition because it was the noble thing to do, then believe that. You won't be the first one to have unfounded faith in the gov. It was about control, and the gov got that control because people wanted to drink. They didn't care about the crime and all...if they did they would have long ago given up on the war on drugs. They realized that they couldn't control people with regards to drinking, but they could in fact control alcohol and open a new revenue stream. That's what will happen to dope too. The fed gov will eventually give up trying to control people wanting to get high and switch to controlling the drugs. See? I don't think we're materially saying anything different here.

14. soutthpaw

soutthpaw

Apr 4, 2013
    I voted for legalization and thus taxation of pot here in CO and have never used the stuff in my llife, the smell of it makes me want to puke. Besides most of thr MMJ users are bogus anyway. They paid a doc in a box for a bogus Dx and a card so they can buy and get high legally...

Alcohol is far more hazardous drug than MJ. Let's look at the statistics for domestic violence, assault, dui, murder, suiside etc.

15. Kablam

Kablam

Jan 12, 2005
    What are you arguing? It's fine with me if Colorado wants people to be able to get loaded on pot. Not my business. I've said it over and over. Alcohol too. I just don't want the gov involved at all...is that your objection to my stand?

16. Gundude

Gundude

Mar 7, 2003
    Actually, it may surprise you to find out your posts might not be as clear as you think they are...
    You were saying?...

17. Gundude

Gundude

Mar 7, 2003
    Agree with most of that, but...

Industrial hemp isn't so much a reason for legalizing pot as it is just another avenue to bring insight into just how stupid the prohibition is. It demonstrates just how little common sense lies behind prohibition, and it demonstrates just how heavy-handed the government is, that it'd ban a harmless plant with so many legitimate purposes, solely for the purpose of making its job of busting pot growers easier. That's why the pro pot people bring it up. And they have a point. The War on Drugs is so flawed on so many different levels that it's not surprising to see it attacked from so many different angles.

18. juggy4711

juggy4711 Nimrod Son

Sep 20, 2006
    Galveston County, TX
    That is wishful thinking at best. It is far more lucrative for parties involved to fight the WoD than collecting possible/potential tax revenues.

How much coffee does the WoD consume? How many post-its? How many uniforms? Guns, fuel, prisons, soap, paper clips, ink, floor wax, judges, prison guards, computers, lab techs, boots, food, water, vehicles, delivery drivers, pens, janitors, notebooks, cops...?

One would be hard pressed to think of a commodity/service that the WoD doesn't use in far greater quantities than legalization would.

The Federal government will have to be dragged kicking and screaming into tolerating/not violating State laws, much less federal legalization. If the Fed government had the same mindset then that is has now, alcohol would still be illegal.

That's were the real control is. Money.

19. Gundude

Gundude

Mar 7, 2003
    You got that right. That's why the states need to step on the gas and step up legalization while "choom guy" is in charge. The glaring hypocrisy of this particular administration cracking down on legal pot will be apparent to even the most liberal Liberal. They're already perilously close to losing "their own", this is the time to turn the screws.