close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Sticking it to Feds: First Hemp Crop in 60 Years Planted This Week in CO

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Ronny, May 19, 2013.

1. Ronny

Ronny Good Guy

Dec 28, 2001
    NE Ohio
    We'll await anxiously to see what the feds do. The federal law does not even distinguish between industrial hemp and the marijuana drug. Under present law, George Washington could be given a life sentence, like this brave soul risks.

Hemp, the THC-free cousin of cannabis, has recently been made legal in Colorado, but the feds still don't approve, even though the selling of hemp products is perfectly legal (about $500 million worth are imported from other countries every year).

What's a would-be hemp farmer to do when faced with this dilemma? Ryan Loflin, of Springfield, Colorado, decided to take a chance and go ahead anyway. As of Monday this week, he planted the first official hemp crop in the United States in about 60 years. This was historic enough that a documentary film crew was present.

Loflin is planting 60 acres that were previously used to grow alfalfa. With his partner Chris Thompson, they plan to make hemp oil.

Hopefully this will help bring attention - and support - to a bill in congress that would legalize industrial hemp (as well as regulate marijuana in states where it is legal). There are so many things we can do with hemp, a crop that requires little or no fertilizer and pesticides, it's crazy to keep farmers from growing it.

http://www.treehugger.com/sustainab...-crop-60-years-was-planted-week-colorado.html

Lets contrast with WW2, where the government asked people to become pot farmers to win the war.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0xHCkOnn-A"]Hemp for Victory - Entire Film - US Government asks farmers to grow it - YouTube[/ame]

George Washington is smiling in his grave. :)

2. Good stuff. Although I don't agree with CO gun regulations...I certainly agree with them furthering personal freedom of choice via Marijuana.

3. Bearlaker

Bearlaker

Oct 21, 2005
    Monroe, Utah
    Yes. We are becoming a better country.

4. Kablam

Kablam

Jan 12, 2005
    "Hemp itself is going to save the world." :upeyes:

5. EOS

EOS

May 30, 2012
    Central Kentucky
    Good news. Hopefully he doesn't get raided by DEA thugs. While hemp isn't going to save the world, a step toward freedom is a step toward freedom. Government shouldn't regulate what you can and cannot grow on your own property. That is vastly inappropriate. It's a violation of personal freedom AND property rights. Not to mention the only reason (on the record) that hemp is illegal is because it looks like pot. Hardly a credible reason for denying thousands of farmers the opportunity to prosper by growing hemp.

6. Kablam

Kablam

Jan 12, 2005
    My position on legality of drugs is clear. I just think the quote is funny.

7. Paul7

Paul7 New Guy

Dec 16, 2004
    East of Eden
    How did we survive all these years without legions of dopeheads.

/Sarcasm off

8. Bearlaker

Bearlaker

Oct 21, 2005
    Monroe, Utah
    I guess we're just lucky!

Last edited: May 19, 2013
  9. series1811

series1811 Enforcerator. CLM

I think most people needing marijuana every day would happily give up their gun rights or any other rights, to get the weed.

Colorado gives them that option.

10. series1811

series1811 Enforcerator. CLM

Yes!!! Because, no organization or group has ever had anything but stunning success, once it was filled with drug addicts.

11. Gundude

Gundude

Mar 7, 2003
    Yes, how did we survive as a country from 1776 to 1934 with all those awful plants being grown without such a benevolent guiding force as the federal government to tell us exactly what to do and not do with them.

Last edited: May 20, 2013
  12. Gundude

Gundude

Mar 7, 2003
    Yes!! And no action has ever been quite so successful at getting people to stop abusing something as banning it. Drugs, booze, guns. Banning is the magic wand that makes any problems related to them go away.

13. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

Jan 26, 2001
    a govenment wanting its trogs to walk around in a drug induced stupor so they can keep passing more restrictive gun laws is hardly personal freedom, its self enslavement.

only vermont, arizona, and alaska could claim anything close to what many think colorado has....

14. kirgi08

kirgi08 Watcher. Silver Member

Jun 4, 2007
    Acme proving grounds.
    .Gub will never admit it's "WOD" is the failure that it is.As long as you got buyers you'll have suppliers.Simple economics.'08.

15. Gundude

Gundude

Mar 7, 2003
    You sound exactly like the anti-gunners that said that CCW legalization would result in endless wild-west shootouts in the streets.

They were dead wrong. You are dead wrong. You have your ignorance, prejudice, and love of authoritarian government in common. You are very similar, you and the anti-gunners.

16. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

Jan 26, 2001

and you sir are a gun dewd.:rofl:

im trying to read into what you think i said to make you post that dribble.

and if comes down to carry my guns or smoking dope id rather carry my guns.

you seem to not see the backwards movement in new colorado anti gun rights laws. must the the authoritarian government lover in you coming out.

17. CAcop

CAcop

Jul 21, 2002
    California
    I find it funny that CO is becoming more like CA. Fewer gun rights but more drug rights.

Yes, I understand weed is still illegal without a weed card but it is so easy to get one. Even then it is a $100 fine. A red light ticket is $500+. The costs associated with processing the ticket is more than $100.

18. BicycleDay43

BicycleDay43 00 Buck dude

Feb 4, 2007
    Oak Grove, Kentucky
    Last time I checked, "dopeheads" have been around all these years and we've survived just fine.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

19. Gundude

Gundude

Mar 7, 2003
    Something about "their trogs walking around in a drug induced stupor", as if legalization of pot will have that result, the same way legalization of CCW will result in endless wild-west shootouts in the streets.

Yeah, you got yours, so don't bother with the others. It's not like an authoritarian government will ever turn its sights back on you...

20. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

Jan 26, 2001
    help me understand, other than glaucoma or something...people smoke dope to get high right?

do you like the new colorado anti gun rights laws recently passed?

which do you feel is more of an expression of personal freedom, a man with a gun or a man with a joint?