close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Sti

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by gajones06, Feb 22, 2012.

1. gajones06

gajones06

Jul 26, 2011
    Just ordered my STI spartan. It should be in Friday and I have to say I am excited to be back in the 1911 game. Had to sell my last one an that left me with two glocks an I have gotten tired of shooting them. Anyone have any tips for breaking it in? Or what parts are a must to replace?

2. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil Platinum Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Amarillo, Tx
    Clean, lube, shoot, enjoy, repeat.

Replace parts when and if they break.

3. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    Just shoot it. The Spartan is outstanding.

Congrats! :cool:

4. FLSlim

FLSlim

Apr 12, 2010
    FL W Coast
    Congrats! Mine was great straight out of the box. Excellent trigger and accuracy. They have no particular break in requirements, but I would stick with 230 FMJ for the first few hundred rounds. I wouldn't replace anything (except perhaps the grip panels) until you've put several hundred rounds through it. Then you'll be in a position to know what you might not like.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2012
  5. jrs93accord

jrs93accord

Jul 10, 2005
    Pensacola, FL
    That was my thought exactly. The STI SPARTAN is a fine shooting 1911. You should enjoy it a great deal. I know from experience. :supergrin:

[​IMG]

6. For me, I had to ditch the full-length guide rod, and replace it with an Ed Brown standard guide rod and plug (easier dis-assembly), then the magazine catch needed to be just a bit longer, so Ed Brown part again (easier mag changes). Finally, the plastic MSH had to go so I used a serrated one from EMC (personal taste). Grips were the last thing I changed on mine (personal taste again).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. gajones06

gajones06

Jul 26, 2011
    Ya I am a huge Ed brown guy so I am thinking at some point the trigger mag release and a different color front optic. Being color blind makes it hard to see a red fiber optic on an orange target.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

8. You could have gotten an identical armscor for less. STI has nothing to do with the spartan...and they don't give a crap how they work. Ask me via PM if you want to know how I know.

They cared more about how quickly I could slap on an STI sticker than test firing them, for one.

9. Thanks for raining on the parade, but if you can't post about it on an open forum, it appears to be more hear-say than facts. :whistling:

It's hard for me to imagine a company, any company, allowing the use of their brand without any input or control over that product.

So, if you have facts, please share.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2012
  10. mingaa

mingaa

Dec 3, 2011
    St. Louis, MO
    Oops-I thought this was a car thread. Go EVO! Hehe.

11. Greyhoundman

Greyhoundman

Nov 21, 2010
    Ofallon, Mo
    Cough cough...Mustang....cough

One of my buddies has a Spartan in 9mm and has run great for him, no broken parts and no problems.

12. tango44

tango44

Jun 16, 2005
    Miami Florida
    Grips is the only change I made, I use Pachmyar now!

13. RH45

RH45

May 14, 2003
    Fond du Lac, WI
    I'm also a little color blind and red fibre optic sights SUCK for me, but, it takes less than a minute to remove the old fibre, and melt in a new one. You're going to want to keep some spare fiber anyway, because even if you don't break, or lose it, over time they get nasty from the muzzle blast.:wow:

14. shatteringstar

shatteringstar Suspicious Pack

Jan 9, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    i would expect more from an employee owned company