Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

STI Spartan modifications.

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by Foxtrotx1, Nov 3, 2010.

1. Foxtrotx1

Jan 29, 2010
    Scottsdale AZ
    after buying my first 3 handguns this last year, Berreta Neos, G34 & a G26, I got the bite for a stylish 1911 under 1k. The STI Spartan looks pretty nice and has some features like dovetail target sights that i like. I also hear great things about them from you guys. My question is 1, how easy is it to replace the polymer trigger with the flat trigger myself. 2.) I love the look of a classic A1 spurred hammer, but don't know if a spurred hammer would be an easy addition considering the beaver tail.

Thanks guys.
  2. Quack

Quack Rent this space

Jan 7, 2002
    NE Ohio
    Installing a trigger isn't hard.
    STI makes a skeletonized spur hammer that you can use with the beavertail

See the steelmaster for an example

3. Foxtrotx1

Jan 29, 2010
    Scottsdale AZ
    Thanks Quack! i think it was your photos that got me to like those flat triggers. you guys need to be 1911 salesmen.
  4. rsxr22

Feb 25, 2009
    Youngstown, OH
    That was the main reason i went with the Spartan. I figured it would give me more room to do mods i wanted to. So far all i have done is add a magwell and grips, but as soon as the finish wears a little more im going to gun kote it. Also have a wilson flat trigger to throw in, but not sure when ill get around to it.
  5. :yourock:

Get a Wilson flat trigger, as it's a little better tolerance when compare against the 10-8.
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2010