close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

STI mag. tube inquiry

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by paltic, Oct 14, 2004.

1. paltic

paltic

Sep 11, 2003
    mga pare, meron akong mag. tube na original STI for .38 super with pad. galing ito sa dati kong TRI (forefather of STI) pistol. compatible din po ba ito upang magamit din sa STi .40?;P
    (silly question) pero baka lang sakali... at recently ay naka-acquire ako ng GRAMS magazine spring with follower for .40 & super .38 mag-wowork po ba ito sa new STI or SPS series?
    thank you po.

2. jasonub

jasonub

Sep 28, 2003
    Philippines
    dont know if it can be done. 38 super to 40.

but as for the grams eng follower for 40 it will drop in in a 40 tube of sti and svi, sps i dont have experience on it so i cant comment. all i know is that sps tubes have soft lips compared to sti svi.

the best tube is svi, since both internal and external surfaces are mirror polished. the internal polish will aid in reliability

3. bulm540

bulm540

Jun 18, 2004
    TN
    What you can do is get the dimensions of the lip of a .40 cal mag and expand your 38 super to .40 cal. it can be done you just have to be careful.

4. mc_oliver

mc_oliver

Feb 21, 2002
    Philippines
    Or better yet, don't touch it until you've found out that it really needs tweaking. ;)

5. Valor1

Valor1 Pro Paingiver

Jul 6, 2003
    Urban areas
    Pasingit na tanong na rin. In regards to the STi .45 cal mags, are they convertible to .40 caliber? Thanks

6. ogiebb

ogiebb

Oct 21, 2003
    MESA, ARIZONA
    almost all STI mag tubes's can be used on any caliber..pero kailangan marunong yung mag open ng lips of the mag yung gunsmith use a caliper hinde yung tinatancha lang..its a totally different story on SV's.. damn they are tough to open up:(

7. bulm540

bulm540

Jun 18, 2004
    TN
    Ah , don't know. Are they flat sided????.40s have the rib.

8. Valor1

Valor1 Pro Paingiver

Jul 6, 2003
    Urban areas
    ogiebb, thanks for brightening up my dark days. he he he

9. ogiebb

ogiebb

Oct 21, 2003
    MESA, ARIZONA

your welcome buddy...;)