Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

STI GP6... anyone with experience?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by dnuggett, Jul 2, 2012.

1. dnuggett

dnuggett PRO 2A

Feb 28, 2005
    DFW TX
    Was thinking of picking one up after dry firing it at a LGS. Amazing single action trigger and superb short reset. Anyone have any long term experience with it? Looking for any issues that may have popped up.
  2. Check my Gat

Check my Gat

Jan 21, 2012
    I've had one for years, it is great. I've replaced some of the springs just as preventative maintenance. The only time I've observed it malfunction was a handful of what seemed to be user induced malfunctions when others were using it and one of my own. Have probably put about 25k-30k rounds through. May be the best polymer gun I've ever owned. Only downside is good luck maintaining it in the long term, getting magazines or holsters for it without parts ordered online. You will not be getting anything local for it. It is a very smooth shooter, so little muzzle flip.

It is actually just an STI branded Grand Power so if you want more opinions on it I'd suggest looking up articles on the Grand Power.
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2012

3. bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    I have heard good things.

STI doesn't build it though.
  4. dnuggett

dnuggett PRO 2A

Feb 28, 2005
    DFW TX
    Right, STI wanted to bring it over here as it had major success in overseas competition. Considering what it is, I am ok that STI doesn't make it.