Glock Talk banner

STI back in the 10mm business

12K views 21 replies 19 participants last post by  Retired Squid 
#1 ·
After several years with no 10mm offering STI is back with "Perfect 10". I didn't know if anyone had seen these yet so I thought I would post. Looks like a proficient hunting weapon, and STI is right down the road from me (3 hours down I35 south :supergrin:) I love STI's 2011 offering but what do you guys think?

http://www.stiguns.com/guns/Perfect10/Perfect10.html

#2 ·
Now that is one nice looking gun and single action to boot. still a 6 inch barrel and all that metal is going to make one heavy gun as well. I think for a target or range gun great but when people are having concerns with carrying the G20 that one is going to be even more of a concern.

I looked at a hi capicity STI 45 before the G20 and still the G20 won out.

But thats my Humble Opinion.

#6 ·
I'm just glad that more and more 10mm offerrings are appearing, makes it hard for the naysayers to say the 10's popularity isn't on the rise!

#18 ·
I saw a review on that weapon someplace recently(Combat Handguns?) and it looks nice.
It sure is encouraging to see more 10mm options become available.
:cool:

#19 ·
I would own a very nice Tanfoglio 6" Hunter but EAA the importer sucks when it comes to service.

Drilled and Tapped Frame
6 inch Premium Barrel with Polygonal Rifling
Fully Adjustable Rear Sight
Perfect for Hunting or Long Range Target
Caliber; 10mm, .45ACP
MSRP $1147.30

From what I have seen about $850 to $900 selling price. Probably one of the best buys in 10mm going, next to the Glock's.

#21 ·
I would own a very nice Tanfoglio 6" Hunter but EAA the importer sucks when it comes to service.

Drilled and Tapped Frame
6 inch Premium Barrel with Polygonal Rifling
Fully Adjustable Rear Sight
Perfect for Hunting or Long Range Target
Caliber; 10mm, .45ACP
MSRP $1147.30

From what I have seen about $850 to $900 selling price. Probably one of the best buys in 10mm going, next to the Glock's.
I have considered EAA for a long time and would have possibly made the choice to purchase on of there pistols had it not been for the service issue - plus, there are a few quirky things to their pistols anyway (sights, etc.). I am willing to bet the trigger is way better than glock (box-stock).

#22 ·
I have considered EAA for a long time and would have possibly made the choice to purchase on of there pistols had it not been for the service issue - plus, there are a few quirky things to their pistols anyway (sights, etc.). I am willing to bet the trigger is way better than glock (box-stock).
My standard Witness in "Wonder" finish was about 8.5# DA and 4# SA on analog scale and the one Hunter I looked over was a little less but had no scale so I will say 3# to 4# and was SA only with a slight bit of creep and no over travel. I made me think it was just enough slack to allow for glove feel. I just could not get the guy below his $750 tagged price, but in my defense it was 3 maybe 4 years ago and MSRP was about $950 at the time.

There has been several occasions since that I have wished I had bought the gun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.