close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

STEYR AUG RIFLE - Wow!!

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by flyboy 1, Nov 17, 2004.

1. mikey177

mikey177 Remember

Jan 28, 2003
    Philippines
    Dude, give us a more detailed review of how the AUG shoots. I'm just curious, did you experience any problems due to the ejection port's close proximity to the shooter's face? Is there no danger that hot gases/unburned powder/other crud from this port might somehow hamper your vision as you shoot?

P.S. The AUG is also one of my dream rifles. Must learn how to sing so I can get one too :)

2. ogiebb

ogiebb

Oct 21, 2003
    MESA, ARIZONA
    Anybody have any idea as to the going rate for one of these beauties? I'm seriously considering getting into rifles quite soon, and if I can hack it I want one of these babies! Mama!! ;1

it ranges from $3500 and $10,000 with Fleming pack (which is not worth it)...sweet rifles;f

3. Alexii

Alexii Janeway Forever

Nov 14, 2001
    Delta Quadrant
    IIRC, that's the same kind of rifle that was used by one of the Oakwood mutineers. Very distinct yung shape nya eh.

4. St. Croix

St. Croix Lock and Load

Aug 28, 2003
    nice looking rifle. not southpaw friendly though cause of the ejection port. how does it handle on full auto?

5. mc_oliver

mc_oliver

Feb 21, 2002
    Philippines
    Hey, I was also there last Sat and saw somebody with an AUG. Kayo pala yun?

6. batangueno

batangueno Shock Resist

Oct 1, 2002
    California
    The AUG is ambidextrous, you can transfer the ejection port to the other side.

7. paltic

paltic

Sep 11, 2003
    naililipat nga sa kabila pero not during the gunfight;g mas maganda siguro kung aimpoint ang naka-mount:cool:

8. Wow that was nice;f who is the local dealer of that rifle in the Philippines? Ganda kasing pag-ipunan.;) Pwede na ba sa civilian iyan mga Sir? Magkano dyan sa Pinas?

9. flyboy 1

flyboy 1 Sir Yes Sir!!

Mikey, IIRC the proximity of the ejection port to my face did not cause any noticeable problems. There was even one instance that I forgot to wear my hearing protecters (excited kasi) and the report of the shot barely bothered me at all, unlike that from an M-16 (which is a lot LOUDER). Felt recoil was a lot less also than from a comparable M-16. I heard the guy my friend got this AUG from still has another one, and I'm already concocting schemes as to how to become his newest friend... ;w

10. flyboy 1

flyboy 1 Sir Yes Sir!!

Nandun ka pala nung umaga boss mc_o? Yup, that was him. He came back in the afternoon just to meet up with me. All I can say is hayups talaga. We might go again on the weekend to shoot it, this time with his Baby Armalite for me to compare. Haay buhay...;f

11. Can you set it on "stun" ? looks like Worf's phaser rifle.

12. mikey177

mikey177 Remember

Jan 28, 2003
    Philippines
    The Steyr is probably a lot more durable than a phaser rifle. Those phasers are guaranteed to break in two after being used to whack just two Borg over the head ;Q

13. krinkov

krinkov Shutter Maniac

Dec 8, 2003
    In-country
    yup, that's a nice piece considering that it's a good partner for the glock kasi parehong polymer ang stocks. love the color. although it's very sleek and stylized, i still go for the more "traditional-looking" AR's since these are more muzzle heavy which is perfect when shooting from the low-ready position.

14. Mayor

Mayor Gunrunner

Oct 6, 2003
    Manila
    im guessing at a P250K-P300K price range. very beautiful gun, i might say ;)

15. jasonub

jasonub

Sep 28, 2003
    Philippines
    my buddy bought 1 for 60t. 2 barrels, 1 9mm the other 5.56. in his opinion the m16 still looks better. accuracy is the same. magazines are hell to find, so he will still stick with the m16

16. ReccaH

ReccaH Let's Play

Oct 10, 2002
    Manila
    Tough job eh.:)

17. Valor1

Valor1 Pro Paingiver

Jul 6, 2003
    Urban areas
    Are these rifles ok? Somebody i know is trying to sell one at P 250k a piece. Any feedbacks on this beautiful piece of art?:)

18. zzz

zzz BoG # ???

Jan 4, 2005
    Somewhere North
    UB3R L33T RiFL3!!!

Ganda nyan sir! kakatulo laway!
    Isa yan sa mga dream rifle ko ;e ;f

Sa Counterstrike ko lang yan nahahawakan, virtual pa!

19. FAlvar

FAlvar I love Iya

Oct 16, 2003
    Sa Kanluran
    Madali bang gamitin yung 1.5X na sight? Mahaba ba ang eye relief? Yung bullpup ng mga Ingles me simple iron sights for back up. Same ba with the Aug?

Nice gun! Mahal dito yan. Semi pa :p