Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

Steel Sights

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by SuckMyGlockk, Jan 20, 2013.

1. SuckMyGlockk

Jan 17, 2013
    Recently bought a glock 17 and was at first interested in truglos or night sights but realized i was never really going to be shooting in pitch black dark. Decided to go with Steel factory replacement sights and I will be going to a local dealer to have them installed. Any opinions? Really think that steel was a better choice for the 35 dollar price altogether instead of 120 bucks and if a truglo were to break you have to buy a whole new set i think. just costly.
  2. Bearlaker

Oct 21, 2005
    Monroe, Utah
    I can't remember how many presentations it took Chuck Taylor to wear out the original factory front sight on his 17, but I agree with you on your decision.

3. You might consider fiber-optic...I use FiberRod (green) front sight from AmeriGlo...stock rear, except bottom horizontal bar blacked out, so I have 2 white squares on the rear and a bright green front sight between them.

Like you, I concluded that I will not likely be shooting in pitch darkness, and the fiber-optic will glow with any (even dim) light...great for the range. I did install tritium front sight, and actually found it harder to see in bright/dim light

My $0.02...
    Last edited: May 13, 2014
  4. tango44

Jun 16, 2005
    Miami Florida
    Stock sights are fine if you don't want to spend too much!