close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Steel Challenge @ Silver Creek 5/26

Discussion in 'Bluegrass Glockers' started by Clyde, May 22, 2007.

1. Clyde

Clyde Lost in KY Millennium Member

Jan 28, 1999
    KY

2. Flinter

Flinter Hornady Fan

Oct 31, 2006
    Home, Sweet Home
    Crapola. Y'all are gonna have to start doing some winter time shoots. My wife's overly large family ties up her, and thus ME, all summer long with bithdays, weddings, and other not so important stuff, but she gets really insulted when I say I don't wanna go. Maybe it's time I put my foot down on the issue.

3. I guess I am lucky because I shot the match on mothers day and my wife let back in the house. But This is also the same wife that fills my Dillon Primer tubes, Sorts and tumbles brass, Checks all my reloads with a case gage so I know they will chamber. I guess I will keep her.

4. 45gunner

45gunner

Jun 30, 2005
    Stop rubbing it in Dean.

5. Flinter

Flinter Hornady Fan

Oct 31, 2006
    Home, Sweet Home
    Yeh, really!!!

6. Clyde

Jan 28, 1999
    KY
    get your kitchen Passes in Order Please.....:banana:

7. domzilla9

domzilla9 Phone Flinger

Mar 13, 2003
    Hey, for those of who have never shot or seen a "Steel Challenge", does it use the standard USPSA divisions? Some of us don't have a clue. Thanks, Dom

8. Houngan

Houngan

Jun 25, 2006
    Louisville, KY
    The divisions are basically Limited and Open. Since there's no reloading, and each string is 5-10 rounds (depending on misses), then things like magwells and capacity don't enter into it. There are also rimfire and revolver divisions. Open would generally be defined as optics and compensation.

I highly recommend steel challenge, it teaches the absolute fundamentals of shooting quickly and accurately.

H.

9. Clyde

Jan 28, 1999
    KY
    What he said.

Limited

Open - Optic and or Comp

Revolver

Revolver Open

Rimefire

Rimefire Open

Don't need a holster for Rimfire (Low Ready start)

Minor ammo is fine only have to hit the steel not knock it down.

Most people use IPSC Speed holster. IDPA rig is fine to.

Here is a link to some sample stages Each stage is typically ran 5 time and your best 4 count for score. (25 rounds per stage with No Misses)
    We normaly shoot 4 stages.

:thumbsup:

It's a chance to have 25 draws and 100 perfect sight pictures, if you shoot the maatch twice that is 50 draws and 200 perfect sight picture. -- I normally have to use a few extra "Perfect Sight Pictures" myself.

10. domzilla9

domzilla9 Phone Flinger

Mar 13, 2003
    Thanks for the info Clyde. I had a great time. Silver Creek is so convenient I don't know why I waited so long to start shooting there. I left the house at 9:45 and was back home at 1:00pm (st. matthews, Louisville). I think I am going to have to apply for a membership. See you at K.A.P.S. tomorrow.

11. Clyde

Jan 28, 1999
    KY
    Glad you could make it Dom.

Hope 45Gunner makes it out tommorrow

Results are posted on the Silver Creek Web Site

:banana:

12. 45gunner

45gunner

Jun 30, 2005
    I decided to practice for the Kaps match tommorrow instead of attending the Steel Match.

I will be at Kaps tommorrow and shoot both matches.

I like the steel match at Silver Creek and will make it next time.