close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

steam

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by powder86, Jul 19, 2011.

1. powder86

powder86 SHOOT SAFE!

i'm finally creating a steam account, but it's being retarded. i've created a username and password and filled everything out. nothing's working. says it'll email me stuff. aint happened.
    just wondering if this is a slow program generally. like, if i just downloaded and registered will it be tomorrow before i can get it runnin?

small potatos i know, but i just want the damn thing runnin.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2011
  2. Woo Woo

Woo Woo

Dec 5, 2010
    It should work right away... but i installed it a long time ago. I havent been on in a really long time so things might have changed.

3. JJJJr Shabadoo

JJJJr Shabadoo Doc

Jan 23, 2011
    Kansas
    If you're waiting for an account registration confirmation e-mail, make sure and check your spam folder.

One other possibility is something was wrong w/ the Steam servers when you tried. They're usually pretty dependable, but I know they've been making some changes with how they deliver content so something may have been temporarily down

4. inthefrey

inthefrey Moved on...

Jul 3, 2009
    Western Pennsylvania
    Installed Steam a very long time ago. Never had a problem. COuld be in your spam folder or just a problem w/ the servers.

They're probably getting everything ready for when they launch Half Life 3. **passionately evil laugh**