close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

states you have been to that are aweful

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by *ASH*, Feb 10, 2013.

1. RWE

RWE

Sep 28, 2012
    KY
    Ditto

My wife wants to go to Chicago for a "long weekend"... Ah, let me think... OK, no. No way in hell. Same for NY (city) et al. I do want to see the monuments and Smithsonian in DC... in 3.8 years.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
  2. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Apr 23, 2008
    Houston
    If you like oysters you're eating them in the wrong state

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

3. RedNine

RedNine AutomatedSystem

Mar 6, 2012
    Northwestern ones and Northeastern ones, because both the natives and the weather are around 90% ****.

I like San Diego. That's about all. But the place I come from makes most states look pretty good.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
  4. geo57

geo57

Jan 9, 2010
    Nebraska
    To the OP :

A.. Nebraska may have been " aweful " to you, but at least we know how to spell the word " awful ".

B. Nebraska is not only a very firearm, high cap mag & ammo friendly state we also offer some of the least expensive non resident hunting licenses .

C. 98% of the people that claim Nebraska has no scenery, is boring to drive through, etc., have never been on any road here besides I-80.

D. We also are a state that didn't help to put Obama in office either time. Yours ?

5. You just need new glasses :) Seriously, I grew up in central Missouri and any time we'd drive far enough west we could always tell when we crossed into Kansas because it changed from hills to flat.

6. NH Trucker

NH Trucker Needs coffee...

May 4, 2009
    Concord, NH
    Massachusetts... Specifically inside the I-495 ring. Nevermind the politics, just the driving there sucks.

Kansas (sorry AJ)... I drove through there on a road trip when I was 19. I just remember it being several hours of flat brown nothingness.

7. Burns

Burns

Jan 23, 2005
    NOVA
    I was born in Ohio. Basically everywhere but Cincinnati sucks.

I live in Virginia, which isn't too bad once you are 40 miles from DC.

I have visited almost every state. IMO, Montana is the most scenic. Hawaii is beautiful too but liberal and I could never live there. Utah is great.

Maryland, particularly eastern Maryland sucks!

New Jersey and NYC (the city that always stinks) are disgusting.

8. cm6029

cm6029

Dec 21, 2012
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Wyoming.

Perhaps I should elaborate. In 2011 we drove a Uhaul van from NJ to Utah. It took 6 days, and I have pleasant memories of every place we stopped for a meal or a few winks. Except the last night we spend in a rusty little town in Wyoming. It was practically a ghost town. They could have filmed 'The Walking Dead' there without any costumes or make-up.

But that was not the worst. When we checked into Roach Motel, we found out that the bar in the place allowed smoking!!! This was 2011 and I thought you couldn't smoke anywhere in America. Well, exclude Wyoming from that list.

The sad thing is, I've been to other places in Wyoming that were beautiful, but this place left me with no desire to go back.

On the other hand, we also passed through Iowa earlier on that trip, and had dinner in a roadside steakhouse, which was excellent. Since we were staying there for the night, I felt comfortable ordering an adult beverage before dinner. Imagine my shock when I was presenter with a perfect Perfect Manhattan, made by a bartender in the middle of nowhere, Iowa, who proudly wore a Harley Davidson t-shirt. What a great country we live in!

9. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012
    Could you please give me a list of the States that don't allow the citizens to go sleeveless, I don't want to go to any of them

Last edited: Feb 14, 2013
  10. Palouse

Palouse The Resistance Lifetime Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Washington State
    Hanford, mostly. Until the Manhattan Project and the building of Hanford, that area was sparsely populated. It's fun to float the Hanford Reach and have the gov't boys in black Suburbans come out of the sage brush (and seemingly out of nowhere) and follow you for awhile.

Not fond of the Tri-Cities, necessarily, but my wife is from Richland, so it does have some redeeming value.

I like to give her crap about her high school's mascot.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 14, 2013
  11. Smidgen

Smidgen

Jan 16, 2013
    Wisconsin
    Considering the OP asked what state is "aweful" - I have to agree, both Wisconsin and the Packers are indeed full of awe. :tongueout:

Now, those Vikings are indeed "awful" :supergrin:

12. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012
    I, as the saying goes, "Had the pleasure of spending a week in Kennewick one day"

13. 9mm +p+

9mm +p+

Mar 1, 2005
    Old Dominion
    Virginia born and raised, moved to kansas for college and haven't been able to extricate myself yet, without a doubt worst place I've ever been to. Too much churchiness, no scenery, HOT in the summer and damn cold in the winter. No fresh seafood, too many inbreds, too many fat chicks, need I go on?

14. Hauptmann6

Hauptmann6

May 22, 2002
    Portage, MI
    OMG. A place that allows the owner to have the freedom to choose what he wants to do with his business. How horrible.

15. series1811

series1811 Enforcerator. CLM

I lived in Maryland for five years. It is one of the most beautiful states, with the absolutely worst government and taxes, you could find.

It was a great place to live for a sailor, but you couldn't make me go back there at gunpoint.

16. Mr T

Mr T

Sep 3, 2011
    Nebraska is a great state to raise kids. California (specifically LA and other cities) is proof that our country is sloped to the west, because thats where all the fruits and nuts have rolled to. Feinstein et al.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2013
  17. Shockem841

Shockem841

Sep 6, 2012
    IA
  18. janice6

janice6 Silver Member

Apr 4, 2006
    minnesota

Before you go back to Hanford, you might want to check out the leaking Million gallon TransUranic waste tanks that are leaking into the Columbia river. Isotope levels are 50,000 times higher than normal. They are burping Hydrogen gas too.

The radioactive contamination over the Military Site is so high you cannot bring food onto the reservation.

19. 2.0tspeed

2.0tspeed

Aug 19, 2012
    florida born and rasied now live in nebraska, man is it boring here.

20. All states have some sucky laws and you have to compare them to make decisions. Virginia has some strong laws against sex..don't show your winky by accident or they will prosecute you. In Maryland you can show Mr Wunky in your car and it is a privater place. :rofl:Gun ;aws are the same way but normally conservative origin states are better than liberal states. All issues including taxes would have to be compared. I am not fond of diversity because of crime issues so that would be an issue for me. :faint:

Last edited: Feb 15, 2013