close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

States Rebel Over Deportations.

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by ronduke, May 22, 2011.

1. ronduke

ronduke

Jan 24, 2007
    "Isaura Garcia of Los Angeles said she dialed 911 to report domestic abuse by her partner in February. When police entered her fingerprints in the database linked to ICE, the system determined she was in the U.S. illegally. Though she had no criminal record, she landed in deportation proceedings."

This doesn't make any sense. I have never fingerprinted a witness or an R/P. I am guessing that the R/P was arrested for some type of offense, and then those prints were submitted.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704681904576321404203166580.html?mod=WSJ_WSJ_US_News_3

2. txleapd

txleapd Hook 'Em Up

Aug 27, 2004
    TX
    If she had a print hit that "determined she was in the U.S. illegally" that can only mean she was previously deported, and was already in the ICE system.

It's not common to run victims and witnesses, but it's not unheard of either. Something obviously tipped the cops off that they needed to check her out.

Last edited: May 22, 2011

3. Dragoon44

Dragoon44 Unfair Facist Lifetime Member

Apr 30, 2005
    So whats the beef? she goes back to mexico, he partner stays here. domestic violence problem solved!

4. GackMan

GackMan

Feb 12, 2002
    PacNW
    I will run victims through NCIC... As much for officer safety as to just have their info in my call so I can look it up later. But never took anyone's fingerprints.

Did the NCIC hit say "previously deported felon?" so the cops started to ask questions?

Last edited: May 22, 2011
  5. Dragoon44

Dragoon44 Unfair Facist Lifetime Member

Apr 30, 2005
    " In God we trust",

everyone else we check for warrants.

:supergrin:

6. blueiron

blueiron

Aug 10, 2004
    The poor victim isn't so innocent, eh?

There are the true victims and there are those who didn't get their way while gaming the system.

7. DustyJacket

DustyJacket Directiv 10-289

Oct 16, 2008
    Missouri, East of KC
    Back in the '80s I ran into a number of illegals when on duty.

In EVERY case Immigration refused to take them.

I thought if you were in this country illegally, then you were already committing a crime. Now, you just stay hidden long enough and you get citizenship.

I wonder what other country treats illegal immigrants so well?

Not Iran, N. Korea, China, Mexico, ...........

8. rudeboy3

rudeboy3

Feb 19, 2011
    AZ
    What they failed to mention was that "victim" was ARRESTED on suspicion of domestic violence and was booked as I understand it.

9. GackMan

GackMan

Feb 12, 2002
    PacNW
    Well then... I suppose that's a pretty good reason to run someone's prints through AFIS. :whistling:

10. Be quiet. You're liable to get the GNG crownd's attention and the next thing you know they'll be whining about how her constitutional rights were violated and how all cops suck.

11. trdvet

trdvet

Oct 2, 2004
    Yep

Had a lady refuse to write a statement and walked out the station once I told her I would have to talk to the other party (husband) about the domestic abuse she was claiming 2 days after the fact.

12. Mister_Beefy

Mister_Beefy Legal & Proper

Apr 19, 2011
    you're learning!

HAHA posted in coptalk, the holy of holies.

check that off my list... ok. now I never have to come back, thank God.

Last edited: May 23, 2011
  13. Newcop761

Newcop761 CLM

Jan 29, 2001
    In Existential Crisis
    When Secure Communities was rolled out ICE said that the response would prioritize threats to national security and public safety. NOWHERE did anyone say that low-priority illegal aliens that were encountered through the use of this program would be ignored or get a free-pass.

For the states and agencies that are all upset about it there's a real simple solution: Don't submit fingerprints to IAFIS. Problem solved.

The moment ICE puts a detainer on most of these crooks, the local DA "No Complaints" the case and they get turned over to ICE (without a conviction necessary to guarantee deportation) which means they tie up resources going to a hearing before an Immigration Judge even if the arrest that brought them to ICE's attention is a serious felony.

How is it that this ******-bag decide which laws he will follow?
    Hennessy has now chosen ignore his own state's law as well as federal law.

If people really knew what was going on...