close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

State police identify weapons used in sandy hook investigation

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by RussP, Jan 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RussP

RussP Super Moderator Moderator

Why are these conspiracy theories so appealing?

Why are they so strongly embraced?

Why is it so easy to accept theories lacking factual basis, lacking verifiable, irrefutable facts.

There are conspiracies documented in history. That is a fact.

Powerful people order less powerful people to find and convince and allow powerless people to do the deeds that prove the need for more power for the most powerful.

Is that a correct statement?

One theory running around internet space is that all mass shootings in the last two decades were committed by people brainwashed, coerced, trained, and drugged by the Federal government. Sounds like a Hollywood blockbuster, doesn't it?

Another is that all the shooters belonged to the Democrat Party, or their parents did, or they attended a meeting... The Democrats caused it, conspired to have people killed.

The influence of television, movies and games is intertwined around other blame in some theories. But, just who is being influenced.

The hardcore conspiracy theorists, those who devote hours and hours and hours to doing their research, connecting their dots using facts available, they are the source of some of those TV and movie plots.

Their hardcore followers spread the theories across blogs and websites. These sources are then quoted by believers on other sites, forums, their own blogs. By now, the conspiracy facts are mixed with the opinions, interpretations, and sub-theories of the believers. Whatever facts there were are now overshadowed by fuzzy conjecture.

Are these lesser believers influenced by all the instant case resolution on TV? Is their impatience due to their 1-hr attention span. If a crime is not committed, the evidence presented to them in real time and the case solved in an hour, it must be a conspiracy to keep the evidence from them.

At this stage, eyewitness accounts mean nothing. Wait, is that the whole point? Is that the goal? Are the theory's facts meant to devolve and cloud true facts? Are they meant to...

It seems the more horrendous the event, the more outrageous the conspiracy claims are. These coming out of Sandy Hook prove that point. Some of you here will not be satisfied until you can personally see each victim's body exhumed and examine the wounds.

Wait until the/a judge rules that photos of the victims, out of respect for the families, will not be released. The media will then join the conspiracy theorists reigniting the flames.

2. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

The answer as I see it.

It gives explanation to the unexplainable .

It's hard to admit that this is random stuff and likely cannot be prevented. If there is a conspiracy then it can be prevented

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

3. sbhaven

sbhaven

State Police: All 26 Newtown victims shot with assault rifle
    http://www.newstimes.com/newtownshooting/article/State-Police-All-26-Newtown-victims-shot-with-4220548.php

Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
  4. harlenm

harlenm Millennium Member

Adam Lanza did not shoot those children, Dick Blumenthal just told us the truth, the gun did it on it's own.

"There's no question that the AR-15 was used, the Bushmaster shot those children with multiple rounds and was instrumental in the massacre"

Edited to insert the correct antigun senator from the wonderful(not) state of CT.

5. Will-21

Will-21

Since I went into the Army in May of 1982 until last week, 30 round mags were the "standard issue" with M16s and M4. AR's followed suit thereafter.

6. Mayhem like Me

Mayhem like Me Semper Paratus

And for many many years , when you purchased an AR15 from Colt, you got two twenty rounders....

Some still come in this configuration..M16 was 30

Ar15 was 20

7. M&P Shooter

M&P Shooter Metal Member

Are you a cop? I'm asking because anytime someone doesn't take the word of a cop after we heard multiple stories from them you run to their defense. Don't take my question as a attack towards you I just am trying to have a adult debate with you about this topic but 1st wanted to straightened out if there's any bias on your part due to profession.

8. HollowHead

HollowHead Firm member

They fill a void in those with a profound sense of inadequacy caused by being a disappointment and failure to those who raised them, divorced them, and fired them. HH

9. *ASH*

*ASH* in hell everyone loves popcorn

sounds like you know a few and friends with some . :dunno:
    i know some folks like that as well ,small world .

10. M&P Shooter

M&P Shooter Metal Member

So I am married 14 years with 2 daughters who are straight A students, my mother and father are awesome parents and I myself have a great job making $28hr with full medical and my wife also has a great job in the legal field and I also believe this was a major cover up to something and I believe top police brass rolled with the cover up. I am not 100% sure what went down but I believe it was a joint effort between liberals and top police brass in CT.

P.S. my parents are very proud of me:wavey:

11. HollowHead

HollowHead Firm member

I also went through the same onslaught of utter stupidity with my various personal connections with victims of TWA 800, WTC I&II and to a more second-hand way, Sandy Hook. It's the same type over and over. HH

12. *ASH*

damn bro got me beat by a mile :steamed::steamed:

i was raised by wolves and indians . its hard to trust anyone :crying:

13. M&P Shooter

M&P Shooter Metal Member

I understand some guys on GT being good cops and not wanting to believe a fellow brother is capable of a cover up on such a grand scale but it happens. The cops on GT might be the best cops out there but that doesn't mean those in CT that day were. I believe deep down that somewhere in the top brass of CT PD someone who believes gun control is the #1 answer took advantage of this horrible situation and let the lies and cover ups roll straight in front of the news cameras.

14. countrygun

countrygun

Do you have much experience with disasters? I do. In 1978 a plane crashed in Portland Oregon I was, by circumstances in the middle of the official end of the mess. I heard the so called "actual reports" as they came through channels before they reached the news. 50%of it, and no surprise, the FIRST 50% turned out to be BS. Now a good chunk of that was discovered to be erroneous before it was released to the media because this was before cell phones and the internet. Since then one thing hasn't changed and one thing has. Humans are still misreporting things even through official channels and that hasn't changed. What is new is our ability to get misinformation out at the speed of cell and internet.

Nothing in this story says anything more, to someone who has been in a crisis situation, than a nut went berserk, first reports were wrong, first reports were blasted over the media, and folks with their hats too tight decided to find conspiracies.

15. *ASH*

i agree . bad seeds everywhere , time will tell if the public gets to see the full report and video , but is there ever a full report ?:whistling: , thats the indian in me coming out ,

now to check our weather, getting nastier . our tarp might have leaks , later

16. M&P Shooter

M&P Shooter Metal Member

Too many changes in stories from beginning to now for me to write off as just a mistake. This is a very dangerous administration that will go to all cost to take over power control from the people to 100% government. I pray I am wrong but I doubt it when speaking of Obama, Hillary, Holder, Fiestein and a whole list of crazies that believe my M&P 40 sitting next to my bed or my AR-15 locked in a safe in my basement is the root of all evil.

17. skorper

skorper harborrat

Good post.

I might add that there is a market for conspiracy, and absolutely no negative repercussions for thos who promote it. No repercussions at all.

18. ray9898

ray9898

Why do people keep saying this? LE never 'changed' their story, not one time. The press put a bunch of crap out from whatever 'sources' they could scrape together because LE was quiet other than the number of deceased and that the shooter was dead. Every bit of this bad into was reported prior to the first official LE release. Mis-identifying the shooter as his brother, labeling the mother as a teacher, ect. The list is huge and none of it came from LE.

19. HollowHead

HollowHead Firm member

A better definition of cowardice will not be found. Thank you. HH

20. RussP

RussP Super Moderator Moderator

I mentioned three groups. These that you mention, where do they fall.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.