close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

State Dept had credible information 48 hours before attack

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Cavalry Doc, Sep 13, 2012.

1. QNman

QNman Old timer

Let me guess... the CIA bombed Tripoli. And the Illuminati.

2. countrygun

countrygun

Your sympathy is touching, but alas, you lack the experience to have any perspective.

It take no outside for one of those Countries to acheive "Third World" statutus. You do not remember what Iran was like before the "revolution" so you have no frame of reference to understand how far they reduced their own Country, and Jimmah Catah made sure that we had no part in it.

You really need to get some real time under your belt before you hand out the crying towels.

3. G19G20

G19G20 Status Quo 2014

Or Tripoli wasn't bombed until NATO forces showed up. There's so many outside news organizations and sources of info out there to find if you look for it outside your bubble. If you read a CNN article on a topic, then a Russia Times article on that subject, then an Al Jazeera one, you can start to figure out what actually happened. Even if a conclusion is wrong I still know I did my homework. Just sayin...

You were in Iran before the revolution and can tell us about it? Good for you! This I'd like to hear so please share.

Because if you're actually just regurgitating what you saw on tv back then, it would mean you've been a slave to propaganda longer than I thought. Im glad it's not that.

So about your time in Iran....go on.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2012
  4. Flintlocker

Flintlocker

So what you've decided to double down on are statements that fail to support your initial statement that "Libyan officials warned us of the attack three days before it occurred." Nothing in that statement supports the message that you desperately seem to want to be reality.

I have to wonder.. what the **** passes for logic in your bubble?

5. happyguy

happyguy Man, I'm Pretty

Someone can't connect the dots. Why am I not surprised?

Just quietly put your head back in your...where it was. You are are willfully blinded by your love for dear leader.

Meanwhile, as the Middle-East goes up in flames and Israel prepares for war, Obama discusses the pressing issue of his home brew on the David Letterman show.

Gotta keep that celebrity rolling.

Regards,
    Happyguy :)

6. countrygun

countrygun

Well since you aren't their now, you aren't anywhere near the middle east fight now, by your standards then, you don't know squat.. When was the last time you were in the middle east Mr. Expert? C'mon regail us with more from your fantasy world. So where are you getting your information that makes you so well informed and above propaganda?

Since you weren't part of events in any way in 1979 how do you know anything about even TV back then? Or, are you relying on today's propaganda to tell you?

Now that we skimmed the surface of the deep chasm of your ignorance I will tell you about my experience, and , while I doubt you can grasp it, I will nonetheless put forth the effort.

I was in college (majoring in political science,by coincidence) and, as you don't know, the American colleges were swarmed with students from that region. I had a lot of contact with both Afghans and Persians. Both warned me of the fate that awaited the region if the fundamentalists took over. The Afghans had the Russians to contend with at the time but none of them were any happier with the fundamentalists. The Persians were positively terrified and most of them were looking for American women to marry so they wouldn't have to go back. They were in this Country as a result of the Shah's open attitude towards the west .

To quote one of them "President Carter has no idea how dangerous those people are. " He went on to explain to me, that, while Savak was feared by some and they were nast bits of work, by and large their targets were the anti-western, ant-moderity fanatic Muslims that would wreck the Country and send it back into the stone age if they ever got power. He further told me that it was a shame that the US couldn't see that, because of the Shah, women didn't have to wear burkhas, they could drive cars, go to school, have jobs. The people being denied their rights by the Savak were the ones that would turn around and do the same thing to the whole Country in the name of religion.

It proved to be a deadly accurate prediction.

Of course you have no clue about any of it, except the propaganda you have been fed.

7. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc MAJ (USA Ret.)

Wait a second. Were you in Iran before the shah was ousted?

You are short on any claim to cognitive superiority here after multiple historical gaffes. It's not that you are stupid, it's just that so much of what you know just isn't so.

8. QNman

QNman Old timer

Do tell... What has your acutely aware brain type deduced from your multiple "news" sources? Was Tripoli bombed the the CIA? The Bilderbergs? Colonel Sanders?

:popcorn:

9. Cavalry Doc

10. Cavalry Doc

The most obvious source for his opinions: George Noory.

11. kirgi08

kirgi08 Watcher. Silver Member

:animlol:

12. Goaltender66

Goaltender66 NRA GoldenEagle

Libyans Storm Militia HQ In Reprisal For Attack On US Embassy

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world...4f96a0-04b3-11e2-8102-ebee9c66e190_story.html

13. Cavalry Doc

14. kirgi08

kirgi08 Watcher. Silver Member

Worried about the check.'08. :dunno:

15. G19G20

G19G20 Status Quo 2014

So the answer is no, you weren't in Iran so you have no genuine information to share other than what someone else told you.

This is your statement:
    You do not know either so I guess we're even, though I clearly access more sources of information on current events than you do. Do you think propaganda is a new invention and everything you saw or heard when you were a college student was full of truth? Get real.

Im glad it's funny to Kirgi for some reason but I wasn't the one implying that I had some intimate knowledge of what Iran was like prior to the revolution. You're barking up the wrong tree.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2012
  16. happyguy

happyguy Man, I'm Pretty

So ridiculous in so many ways.

Are you saying that there is no credible information available about Iranian society and politics before the revolution? If so there is no point in a debate because not only do you not know what you are talking about, there is no way for you to educate yourself enough for a dialogue either.

You can read can't you?

FWIW the State Department and CIA websites have a wealth of knowlege available for simply doing a simple search simply.

:crazy:

Regards,
    Happyguy :)

17. G19G20

G19G20 Status Quo 2014

It's hilarious to me that you continue to challenge me, then when I set you straight with knowledge, you continue to challenge. Im wondering how many times I have to set you straight before you start just researching on your own before making yourself look uninformed. You simply do no research of your own before you spout off with the party line! Remember how you said Paul supporters didn't start the Tea Party? Or that real life isn't like a Clancy novel? I guess I'll add this one to the list too.

Just start looking at reports coming out of non-NATO ally media outlets and a very different picture is painted:
    http://rt.com/news/airstrikes-libya-russian-military/

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/195413.html

I care about finding the truth, not repeating stories by media outlets that are owned by the same companies that manufacture the weapons being used, like GE.

18. G19G20

G19G20 Status Quo 2014

Countrygov framed his reply in a way that implied he had some intimate first-hand knowledge of pre-revolution Iran. He didn't. I knew it. He knew it. I called him on it. Simple. Regurgitating what he saw on tv then is no different than regurgitating what he sees on tv today.

19. countrygun

countrygun

You "called me" on squat you twit. I said exactly what I knew from being in college with several Persian students, and friends at the time, that was what I said and what I meant.

YOU are the one who gets called out and I still claim that my knowledge of the situation in 1979-80 was, and is, more accurate than anything you have read about in your life.
    I was a Political Science major on top of it and we did CRITICALLY analyze TV reports as well.

YOU don't even have that experience, YOU are regugitating what someone told you from what they saw on TV. You are completely removed from the source and anything near experience.

Don't try to flap your lip about "calling me" on something.

20. QNman

QNman Old timer

You were right about Paul starting the Tea Party. I admitted that then and I admit it now.

As to Tom Clancy, I tired of trying to explain the difference between "technically accurate" and non-fiction; a difference you clearly still cannot grasp.

As to your "setting me straight" - you've yet to even come close to convincing me the CIA is blowing stuff up and trying to start a skirmish that the US can enter. And so far, you've yet to even begin to offer anything remotely close to "proof" of your absurd claims.

There is no "party line" that is required to challenge crazy. Only a masochistic streak (which I apparently have).

ETA: I will tell you as I have told Musky... while I do not trust the MSM, I trust the whole of them a boatload more than I trust the Russian MSM. Your mileage may vary.