close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

State Dept had credible information 48 hours before attack

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Cavalry Doc, Sep 13, 2012.

1. robertoh

robertoh

Oct 28, 2004
    Ohio
    Any MSM news room: There's a good chance the Obama Administration knew 48 hours in advance about the Embassy attacks.
    But more about Romney first.

2. G19G20

G19G20 Status Quo 2014

May 8, 2011
    Yes I do spend A LOT of time on the net reading information from many sources, even sources I don't agree with (like this forum, generally), in order to objectively form opinions and complex theories based on the large amounts of information I soak up. I don't have the inclination to give you further personal information about myself since I get the feeling you're trying to come to some sort of conclusion about who I am. Never been asked by anyone for so much personal information on a website except you. I do recall how you essentially tried to frame me as some sort of terrorist in a previous thread. Remember, I do know how intelligence agencies function ;) You'll have to just debate my statements at face value. You're really starting to creep me out with your personal information requests.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2012

3. QNman

QNman resU deretsigeR Silver Member

Oct 5, 2005
    St. Louis, MO
    Winnie... Life is not a Tom Clancy novel. Nor a Dean Koontz one, for that matter.

No offense, but if you actually believe all of what you just posted, I think we've all figured out what "brain type" you are. :tinfoil:

4. QNman

Oct 5, 2005
    St. Louis, MO
    OMG, will you give that ultra-paranoid delusion a rest? Go to my profile - I volunteer plenty of information about myself. Asking what state you live in, or your education level, or your approximate age is hardly stalking.

5. G19G20

G19G20 Status Quo 2014

May 8, 2011
    Actually it is a Clancy novel. He has gov't employees vet his novels for technical accuracy. The exact plots may be fictional but the technical accuracy is not fictional.

Maybe you should have looked that up before you spoke about it:
    http://www.aeispeakers.com/speakerbio.php?SpeakerID=213

Im not particularly concerned since you can't even figure out Tom Clancy's bio without assistance. Your opinion is irrelevant.

6. QNman

Oct 5, 2005
    St. Louis, MO
    Whatever you say... I only offer my observations.

"Technically correct with fictional plots"... Yeah, you're right... I must be the one confused...

Too bad about how those Russian ex-patriates took over Air Force One after the POTUS said we won't stand by and allow genocide anywhere in the world again... After all, that's "technically correct", right?

7. G19G20

G19G20 Status Quo 2014

May 8, 2011
    :faint:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/technically?s=t

2. peculiar to or characteristic of a particular art, science, profession, trade, etc.: technical details.

3. using terminology or treating subject matter in a manner peculiar to a particular field, as a writer or a book: a technical report.

Maybe you misread what I meant by "technically accurate" but Clancy researches heavily to ensure his novels do not contain inaccurate technical information. Obviously, no Russians have hijacked Air Force One but you better believe Clancy knew how that plane is laid out, proper protocol for such an event, etc before he published it.

8. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012
    QnMan. Golatender, Cav doc.

Here we have a look at how the paulbot mentality verges on a constant state of "conspiracy alert". Despite the fact that they claim to be all about "freedom" inside them lurks a little control demon. While they talk "freedom" they actually belive that everyting in the world happens because of plots, plans, conspiracies, etc. They cannot grasp "Occam's Razor".

The fact that more events in history have been shaped by luck, chance, stupidity, bad decisions, groups of fanatics and sole fanatics, is completely out of their reality. It all simply must be a conspiracy, a plot or someones plan.

What is scary, is that people who think this way are trying to take power in this Country. Do you really want to give power to folks whose whole paradigm is conspiracy?

They are sure these things control events, so how are they most likely to control events?

9. Goaltender66

Goaltender66 NRA GoldenEagle

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012...orming-idUSL5E8KEDEH20120914?type=marketsNews

Damn those Germans and their interventionist policies in Khartoum.

And the Brits too...friggin interventionists!

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/384415/20120914/islam-protests-uk-embassy-sudan-siege-protest.htm
    And now the US embassy in Tunis:

http://news.sky.com/story/985121/tunis-protesters-attack-us-embassy

And now Sudan:

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/glob...rs-attack-german-and-british-embassies/56859/

So when was it that we bombed the Sudan again....?

:upeyes:

10. kirgi08

kirgi08 Watcher. Silver Member

Jun 4, 2007
    Acme proving grounds.
    How many times have you gone feet wet ?.'08. :dunno:

11. G19G20

G19G20 Status Quo 2014

May 8, 2011
    1998. Too easy.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/us-bombs-terrorist-targets-in-afghanistan-and-sudan-1172925.html

http://www.mega.nu/ampp/khartoumbomb.html

Lots more archived articles on it at that link. It was an aspirin factory.

There's that damn repeating history popping up again!

And here's "our closest Middle East ally" blowing things up in Sudan much more recently.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/06/sudan-israel-attack_n_845417.html

I can't imagine why Sudanese would be tired of being bombed. Aren't they supposed to enjoy being democratized? :dunno:

Military? Never. Not sure how that matters.

"Military men are just dumb stupid animals to be used as pawns in foreign policy." - SecState Kissinger, as reported by Bob Woodward in book Final Days

12. Goaltender66

Goaltender66 NRA GoldenEagle

So it took them 14 years to work up the courage to storm our embassy?

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

pause.....

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I think you need a new theory.

13. QNman

Oct 5, 2005
    St. Louis, MO
    Winnie -

I give up. Clearly, you are more... well, SOMETHING... than all the rest of us combined. Thank God there aren't more of your "brain type".

And if it pains you so to come hang with us ignorant mouth breathers, please stop coming back. I will miss you until you resurface again.

14. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc MAJ (USA Ret.)

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
    I have intentionally avoided looking for any names of delegates, I have no interest in anyone here in real life. But I did want to give you an opportunity to guve some credence to your position.

But no response is a response. Hope you don't mind all of us assuming that your sources are Truther sites, George
    Noory and Alex Jones then, with no international personal experience. All you know is what others have told you, that made it through your tinfoil filter.

15. JFrame

JFrame

May 29, 2001
    Mid-Atlantic, US of A

It's also amusing that the poster brings up a reference to 1984.

I think you are right on, Q. :thumbsup:

16. Cavalry Doc

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas

See, now we know you are more polite in person, cause with your nose bleeding every 28 days like it does, you'd never say that to a vet face to face.

17. Cavalry Doc

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
    The theme that keeps coming up is a know it all that's done nothing. Amazing how he knows so much about foreign affairs without ever leaving the country, he is a product of his predispositions and the media he chooses to confirm his own wacky conspiracy theories. The more you know, the more you are supposed to realize you have a lot to learn. He is unencumbered by that notion.

18. kirgi08

kirgi08 Watcher. Silver Member

Jun 4, 2007
    Acme proving grounds.
    Well during his time Kissinger was correct,times they are a changing.Our military is better trained and smarter than years ago.

As ta the "feet" wet comment,it goes ta show your lack of understanding of world military events.It's kinda hard ta speak ta something using "net" info,instead of actually being there.'08.

19. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012
    The more you learn about real events in history the more you realize how little effect "conspiracies" could have in the face of the vagaries of individual decisions.

General McClellan had confederate battle plans, found in a field, in his hands and fumbled around with them until it was too late to make good use of the information.

Look up the "McCluskey turn" in WWII, one decision changed events.

Some very fine high level military minds in Germany were not able to pull off a simple Private's job and kill one man. The failed in more than one attempt to kill a maniac.

The decision to ride in a convertible one day made events in Dallas significant.

A piece of tape left over a door lock uravelled a group of "plumbers"

Great events are most often the result of anything but carefully crafted plans.